If you could go to 1 of the following places

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
OK, so if you could go to 1 of the following places, where would you go?PolandSingaporeKoreaJapanTaiwanAnd put a reason why.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Italy. Because picking an answer that isn't one of the options is the Soulstrut way.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Korea

If we're talking North I'm in.

Leaving earth and traveling to another planet-related.

• arvidarvid 50 Posts
    Japan, because it's the craziest...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Ive already been to Poland, and southern Poland is incredible BTW, but I would probably pick Singapore outta that list, because I really like eating and apparently there are a bazillion amazing places to eat in Singapore. Plus it is a unique cultural crossroads, so I can imagine lots of things to check out.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Japan in the winter to ride snowboards in crazy powder zones with these strange beaverdeer things

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    and southern Poland is incredible BTW

why is that?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

why is that?

cuz thats where the south pole is?

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    would i have to bring my wife?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

no.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Ive already been to Poland, and southern Poland is incredible BTW, but I would probably pick Singapore outta that list, because I really like eating and apparently there are a bazillion amazing places to eat in Singapore. Plus it is a unique cultural crossroads, so I can imagine lots of things to check out.

Singapore?

to each his own, but hard to imagine a place more boring than this - weird government, small, uber-clean and expensive. That people end up there in transit hopping around in SE Asia might happen, but going there if you actually have a choice?

Choosing from the entire list, I would say Poland or Korea are great choices. Korea out of curiosity (not been there yet) and Poland, because it?s a great place to stay - north and south!

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts

no.
    Singapore

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Haha.
    TRUE.

• Options
    Korea

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    OK, so if you could go to 1 of the following places, where would you go?

Poland
    Singapore
    Korea
    Japan
    Taiwan

And put a reason why.

Depends what time of year...

Have you been to any of these spots before?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Japan = Chicks & records!! How can you go wrong?!!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Singapore is indeed super boring. I'm pretty sure you can walk from one side to the other without ever leaving a mall! Worth going to if you're on your way to Malaysia.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Japan and Korea!!!!!!! You can hit both in one trip if you have enough time. Japan and Korean are both so much fun! I love both countries.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Japan and Korea!!!!!!! You can hit both in one trip if you have enough time. Japan and Korean are both so much fun! I love both countries.

The closest I ever been to either was during a lay over in Japan on my flight to the Philippines. And I must say, the airport alone was ill. Smoking rooms, fly chicks, cheap booze & cigs. I'm trying to hit Japan for a few days on my next trip to the Philippines.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    OK, so if you could go to 1 of the following places, where would you go?

Poland
    Singapore
    Korea
    Japan
    Taiwan

And put a reason why.

Korea, easily. From my friends who travel through Asia, they all give it the nod as one of the most exciting places to be right now. Taiwan is too small, Japan's moment passed at least 10-20 years ago and while Singapore has incredible street food culture there, it's an otherwise sterile and relatively boring city to spend quality time in.

Don't know about Poland though but if you're thinking Asia? Korea.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    korea = zzzzzzzzzz...

really repetitive country in terms of living there long-term. i mean the food is obviously fucking awesome, and the people are cool, but you know where you're like "hey i want to go to this other neighborhood that is different" yeah, that doesn't happen in korea.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Shit, if Korea is boring, I'm not sure what that would make Taiwan or Singapore!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    even though japan is at the top of my list of places to go to atm, I am going to say poland

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

why is that?

Krakow was able to fend off the Nazis...so it didnt get leveled like Warsaw did, so there isnt the grey, drab Soviet era architecture everywhere (except for Nova Huta, which is cool because it is a perfect microcosm of said Soviet era, so its all compact and able to check out in just a couple hours and provides a cool contrast for the city center of Krakow, which is still has its gorgeous 600 year old buildings) The people of southern Poland are friendly as all get out as well. Also the border area with Slovakia around Zakopane is beautiful and mountainous, kind of a Eastern Europe Switzerland. Its just an amzing place to spend some time...its cheap as well, which is always a plus. Ridiculous amount of history and beauty.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Italy. Because picking an answer that isn't one of the options is the Soulstrut way.

• Japan's moment passed at least 10-20 years ago

true in one sense but not in any one that relates to this thread

I would almost always choose Japan but I've lived there and been there many times, so I would probably go check out Korea & then Taiwan if I had to choose a place I've never been before.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Japan's moment passed at least 10-20 years ago

Far from the fact. Have you visited there in the past 10 years? I've been going there for 11 years, still as fun day one as it is now, and I've even lived there before... not many places like that. A Cultural mish mash of all sorts coupled with records, music, ladies, food, THE WORKS. Razzle Dazzle schitt.

USA < Japan. Any day.

Another great place on that list recommended, is Poland. It's one of the last places in Europe that hasn't been touched by the Euro Dollar... amazing amounts of history in Krakow.

peace.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    hmmmm...interesting. i'll have to check out krakow and them poles. can i say it kraKOW like a batman comic??

o, why you say japansmoment has passed? not disagreeing, cause i got no frame of reference, just interested.

kinda like new yorks moment passed since they gentrified brooklyn and disneyed up times square?

• MrFingazMrFingaz 64 Posts
    Taiwan cause I heard they treat black guys like kings there.