For any Leong Lau fans...

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I just posted up his uber-rare single on my Aussie Funk Blog - Check it out Hot or not?It's not the same as his 'That Rongeng Sound' LP, even though it was recorded the same year. I know a few people on here rode for that album when I posted up a shitty MP3 of it a few years back (first attempt at digitizing-related).

Comments

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    Alex called you on the car phone? Was this during the 1980s?

Thanks for posting this... have never heard the 7 before.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Hahahha. I'm gunna grill alex about this. Name drop. Pause.

I mean. The songs are just ok. In my opinion some more overhyped middle of the road kinda shit. 6.5 out of 10.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    I mean. The songs are just ok. In my opinion some more overhyped middle of the road kinda shit. 6.5 out of 10.

^^^cut and paste this response for almost every Australian record that is heavily gripped, no?

Yeah. But drop the rating. Cuz compared to them. Yarandoo and leong lau albums are pretty good for oz.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah... I dunno that this single is overhyped - or am I over-hyping it now? I haven't heard anything about it, period. I like it.

A lot of aussie stuff that gets gripped in Japan (i.e. I sell it to people there) is overhyped IMO though, like the Phil Sawyer LP that i found a few weeks ago. It's essentially a one tracker for me... and apparently for psych collectors too after a conversation I had yesterday.

oh Nick, I just called Alex on his cell phone, he said he's never owned a car phone... LOL

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Isnt this the 45 that Delta has been hunting for ages?

nope