Mooged Out Nigerian Reggae -hot or not?

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• not feeling that vocal, but the backing track is

way heavier than most Nigerian reggae I have heard.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    HOTTIE

the backing track is

I think the vocals and the lazy tambourine are ill.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Proto Fart-Step. Get Duderonomy in here quick.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

thanks for sharing frank

• Oby Onyioha's "break it" album has a heavy synthy reggae track than is more than passable by Nigerian standards.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Proto Fart-Step. Get Duderonomy in here quick.

It sounds a bit like funky worm meets ragga dubstep near the beginning, and I also like the way it's played more like a stretched out drone near the end.
    This has cheered me up after watching Spurs score goal of the season to sink Arsenal's title hopes.

Frank - this has re-issue potential! I can see the dubstep kids who munch horse-tranqs and inhale jazz-cigarettes gurning to this at home, or rolling around on the floor near the bassbins at clubs to a remix. RSD aka Rob Smith of Smith & Mighty fame could do something nasty with it. Top find.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    This is decent - I'd cop. Agree that it's absolutely made for a couple of modern remixes as well.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Oh cool, thanx for that great feedback!
    Could you remix this without the multi-track masters?
    Don't think these would still exist and there aren't really any open parts... but I don;t really know anything about these things.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    HOT

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Oh cool, thanx for that great feedback!
    Could you remix this without the multi-track masters?

I'm pretty sure that this

was made from a sh*t quality reggae re-issue that I kopped (and was let down-by sound quality-wise) that came out a few months before the above dubstep track. Sure it's possible to make something from that Nigerian joint, maybe just beefing up the drums and adding some sub - I can live with the vocals myself

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    feeling both tracks alot. would give the remix a go but im in the last couple of weeks finishing off my own album. so im pretty stressed.

that rsd is like a better shackleton, ive been sleeping