• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    You Really Got Me > All Day & All Of The night

• strikerstriker 146 Posts

Kinks all day

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Til the End of the Day>You Really Got Me > All Day & All Of The night

b/w

rep your favorite power chord

• I'm with SOI here... Makin' Time is the joint.

All Day & All Of The night + Til the End of the Day < You Really Got Me

As great as Til The End Of The Day is... You Really Got Me is just much more... raw. And of course it was the bigger hit, but that doesn't lessen it's greatness.
    Til The End Of The Day was also released 15 months after You Really Got Me (yes, I looked that up on wikipedia)

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Rep your favorite power chord.

• Kinks by a country mile! can't F*ck with the who much outside of there '60s shit "i'm free" shit like that...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    PIckwick for the win so far (since he actually posted a song with power chords rather than random latter British invasion pop tunes (not that I mind those but sonically, definitely style entirely).

PIckwick for the win so far (since he actually posted a song with power chords rather than random latter British invasion pop tunes (not that I mind those but sonically, definitely style entirely).

yeah I'm pretty sure the Creation riff is "power chords"

Indeed. Didn't mean to leave you off.

As great as Til The End Of The Day is... You Really Got Me is just much more... raw. And of course it was the bigger hit, but that doesn't lessen it's greatness.
    Til The End Of The Day was also released 15 months after You Really Got Me (yes, I looked that up on wikipedia)

the thing about Til the End of the Day, though, as I always saw it, was that they
    kind of perfected that "style" with that track, and then put it to bed (although
    they would bring it back for a few tracks over the next 20 years) - it comes on
    the transitional "Kontroversy" album, where they seem to prove they have mastered
    every kind of R&B/beat music style of the time, and are now free to make more ambitious albums like "Face to Face," which came next. Til the End of the Day (and Where Have All the Good Times Gone, from the same album) just seems like the epitome of the style they created with You Really Got Me.

• Kinks by a country mile! can't F*ck with the who much outside of there '60s shit "i'm free" shit like that...

isn't "i'm free" by the Stones?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Kinks by a country mile! can't F*ck with the who much outside of there '60s shit "i'm free" shit like that...

both the Stones and the Who had songs with that title

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Sorry dudes but "wild thing" is the ultimate power chord riff...Louie Louie given the snotty, FU treatment...as if it needed any, but they found out a way to do it

both the Stones and the Who had songs with that title

oh shit. yeah, thanks... one of my favorite Who songs actually

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Shitting on all of these from a great height.

get that Led Zeppelin bullshit out of here.

oooooooo-k. this thread is done.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

it's not done just yet.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Damn Bassie stole one of my follow ups (at lest the group). I personally would have picked this one.

oooooooo-k. this thread is done.

man, you weren't kidding.

• this thread is a charlie brown reference and an underwater shot away from being re-routed the wes anderson message board.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    this thread is a charlie brown reference and an underwater shot away from being re-routed the wes anderson message board.
    really though is it? The 2 songs Oliver asked about are 2 early examples of rock music(on a large scale of course, not the earliest examples) that changed the game as far moving away from solidy r&b-influenced rock to a new type of thing that hadn't been done before(on a large scale). I think the choice of songs Oliver chose were apt (if that is what he was going for)

I like Zep as much as the next guy but this thread has veered off course.

Allow me to put it back on track.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

the thing about Til the End of the Day, though, as I always saw it, was that they
    kind of perfected that "style" with that track, and then put it to bed (although
    they would bring it back for a few tracks over the next 20 years) - it comes on
    the transitional "Kontroversy" album, where they seem to prove they have mastered
    every kind of R&B/beat music style of the time, and are now free to make more ambitious albums like "Face to Face," which came next. Til the End of the Day (and Where Have All the Good Times Gone, from the same album) just seems like the epitome of the style they created with You Really Got Me.

Til the End of the Day is def the last great kinks power chords song, but I Need You might be the best one...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    You guys are funny.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

it's not done just yet.