Cap & Jones "Moving In Stereo" mix - Song ID

bsuwolfbsuwolf 83 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I am trying to ID a song that is on the Cap & Jones "Moving In Stereo" mix from about 7 years ago. In my opinion, the song sounds like its from an 80s british guitar band (jangly, poppy). The chorus (I believe) is the following: "He lies on his side / As he tries to hide In fact its the earth / which he's known since birth"I have searched the interwebs w/out much luck. If you have the mix, its the song immediately following The Stooges "I wanna be your dog". Any help is greatly appreciated. This has been bugging me for a while.

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    'Outdoor Miner' by Wire.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    This?

Jinx.

Ha ha. So close and yet so far.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i'm lucky enough to count these two as my homies, but even if i wasn't i would consider that mix one of my personal favorites.

and in other news, Jones just recently released a free mix on his website for all those to enjoy:

http://www.pandemoniumjones.com/

track list:
    Sly & The Family Stone - Underdog
    The Temptations - Psychedelic Shack
    The Jackson Sisters - Miracles
    Budos Band - Up From The South
    The Seeds - Can't Seem To Make You Mine
    Smog - Bathysphere
    Wreckless Eric - Whole Wide World
    Syl Johnson - Different Strokes
    The Doors - Changeling
    Coke Escovedo - (Runaway) I Wouldn't Change A Thing
    Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street
    Idris Muhammad - Could Heaven Ever Be Like This
    Pointer Sisters - Pinball Number Count
    Brian Protheroe - Pinball
    Earth Opera - The Red Sox Are Winning
    Frank Zappa - Sharleena
    Black Mountain - Angels
    Muddy Waters - Tom Cat
    The Beatles - Helter Skelter
    Graham Nash - Chicago
    Ohio Players - The Funky Worm
    Map Of Africa - Bone
    Johnny Jenkins - I Walk On Guilded Splinters
    Brain Ticket - Places Of Light
    Azitis - The Prophet
    Ugly Ducklings - Gaslight
    Poppy Family - There's No Blood In Bone
    Yo La Tengo - Nuclear War (Version 2)

That looks tight.

I never got to hear that Moving In Stereo mix, and never found it anywhere else. If your boy wouldn't mind, could I request that someone upped it?

• bsuwolfbsuwolf 83 Posts
    Thank you..Thank you..Thank you. Yeah, I love the Moving In Stero Mix. jLee..Have Cap & Jones put out anymore mixes like this together?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Thank you..Thank you..Thank you. Yeah, I love the Moving In Stero Mix. jLee..Have Cap & Jones put out anymore mixes like this together?

they've done a few mixes here and there over the bast few years, but not too many resembling this particular mix. Jonesey went off to explore the US a few years back and has been chilling in Northern Cali and Caps is a worker-bee nowadays, protecting your freedom of speech at a law firm that works primarily on 1st amendment rights (no joke).

here's a fun mix they did a few years back (summer bbq jams)

http://fiftyonefiftyone.com/2008/06/krudmart-mixtape-caps-and-jones-backyard-bbq-mix/

Doc-
    i'll try and find the M.I.S. mix. I think I may have accidentally deleted from my comp. but those dudes were giving it out free on the webs for a long time, so you may have good luck using the GOOGLE to find a MP3.

I'll give that a shot right now.

That Backyard BBQ mix is a bit of a favourite of mine.

• bsuwolfbsuwolf 83 Posts
    By the way, where can i find this version (youtube) of "Outdoor Miner". The version on Itunes (album version) is only 1:44 long as compared to the one you guys posted which is 2:48. According to Allmusic (not the best source), the album version is only 1:44. The short verstion leaves out the mid point piano instrumenatal part. I find this really odd. Any help is really appreciaed!

You'd need to pick up the single version of it rather than the album cut.