Isis s/t

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Used to only listen to one or two tracks on here. Heard it mentioned last night andI just put it on to refresh my memory. Man, this record is a straight up"Waiting for the Sonrise""Servant Saviour"WOOOOOOO!

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    kinda like Ozzy Osbourne & Tommy Iommi took Estrogen shots for 10 months and started recording.

Gets my thumb of apporval

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    their bassist will kick your ass. can't front on the silver paint though

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Mike,

I flipped that "April Fool's" break off of there back in '91. My and this MC I was working with were off (rainy day) from our ice cream truck (2nd) summer jobs. I think I freaked it with some Led Zeppelin or some other rock loop. Also, I really like "She Loves Me" off of there, which I chopped up for a track about 5 years ago.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I thought this was gonna be a "blackwatch" post

• I thought this was gonna be a "blackwatch" post

it's not too late!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that Isis record is pretty ass IMO. if anyone needs one gimme a holler

• I thought this was gonna be a "blackwatch" post

me too haha

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    there is an abandoned apartment above the bar where we do some gigs, and you get to it through a door in the bar...I asked the bartender if I could go up there and check it out...there is a table up there with a little pile of LPs, just mostly common boring shit: Lionel Ritchie, Manilow, and the Isis s/t! weird one to be stuck in that little pile...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    [shameless]i used "April Fool" in my lil' dudes r us mix [/shameless]

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    that Isis record is pretty ass IMO. if anyone needs one gimme a holler

ASS??????? Come on Mack. This is some.......

ifitwasprivatepressfromholland1974youwouldputitinyourishandavatar

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I thought this was gonna be a "blackwatch" post

I did as well. Weak. So let's make it into one!

What the fuck was Professor X thinking when he called up Freedom Williams like "Come say some rhymes on this 8-minute posse cut I'm putting together called 'Close the Crackhouse,' sisssssssssyyyyyyy!"?

Favorite version of "Grand Verbalizer, What Time Is It?" Lately I'm leaning toward the one with the Meters loop.

Dark Sun Riders: criminally slept on, or take that shit to Okayplayer, son?

"Verbal Milk" or "Verbal Pap?"

• [shameless]i used "April Fool" in my
    Three Year Itch mix [/shameless]

• [shameful] I guess I'm the only one who likes that "do the football" track [/shameful]