Matt Cassell Reissue - PROOF!!!

2»

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    who can be be mad at that?
    The people who were remiss in getting him proper shine.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    OK, I wanna write this up for a mag I do some stuff for in the UK, if I can get my editor interested. If anyone can help with contacts and such, and especially a confirmed European release date for the album, please hit me on the PM.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    peep inbox...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I love it when shit like this happens. Like dude said, Soulstrut has a pretty cool history with things like that. Mingering Mike, and a few other things. Death maybe?

• talked to him on the phone yesterday - seems like a really nice guy.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I am glad too that he is getting some exposure, I just hope he is getting compensated well for his work since others have come at him sideways in the past. Let's just say that if people followed through with their promises this would have happened about four years ago.

MLC is the epitome of a California music genius.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Soulstrut has a pretty cool history with things like that. Mingering Mike, and a few other things.

I kinda dismissed the music earlier, but I can't deny this.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Soulstrut has a pretty cool history with things like that. Mingering Mike, and a few other things.

I kinda dismissed the music earlier, but I can't deny this.

thank god!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Great work and congrats!

What Japanese bootleg was it that Madlib sampled it from?

Dress

i bet there was no "japanese bootleg", i've never heard about it, not seen it, nor does anyone I know out there.... more bullshit spinning from the label we love to hate...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Great work and congrats!

What Japanese bootleg was it that Madlib sampled it from?

Dress

i bet there was no "japanese bootleg", i've never heard about it, not seen it, nor does anyone I know out there.... more bullshit spinning from the label we love to hate...

Yeah, why not tell the truth for once?

At first Madlib had no idea he was using MLC?s work because he was stoned when he made the beat and didn't remember making it[/b]

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I get my mindblown every single time MLC comes up that people ACTUALLY CARE what format Madlib sampled from.

• No salma hayek yet...

I know first hand exactly what went on.
    Can i just say, unless you were directly involved in any behind the scenes business dont speak on it...even if its subliminal.
    Thats Matts business and his decision to do so.
    The label yall love to hate, is doing nothing but putting his work out.
    Be thankful for that.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

No salma hayek yet...

Can i just say, unless you were directly involved in any behind the scenes business dont speak on it...even if its subliminal.
    Thats Matts business and his decision to do so.
    The label yall love to hate, is doing nothing but putting his work out.
    Be thankful for that.

Yep yep yep.

Not knowing about what went down with ST and some peeps on here to make em mad -- all ya'lls business. But like Kon said -- they're putting this out, and Matt just booked his first gig bc of the momentum. For a label that's seemed to tick a lot of people off, nothing but good has come out of this. Turn them frowns upside-down.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Definitely picking this up.

I've only spoken with MLC via e-mail and it was super cool of him to send along that "Love to Love" 45 w/ Private Press 4.

Like everyone has said, he seems like nothing but a cool dude.