Strata East - Is it a Reissue

ShahShah 35 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Hey folks,What are some visible markers of a strata east reissue? I heard that there is a difference between a brown cardboard color in the inside of the jacket and the reissue is white inside. Can anyone affirm this or know of any other indicators.PeaceShah

Comments

• Hey folks,

What are some visible markers of a strata east reissue? I heard that there is a difference between a brown cardboard color in the inside of the jacket and the reissue is white inside. Can anyone affirm this or know of any other indicators.

Peace
    Shah

yes, reissues have white insides and the back cover is pasted on with the originals

what record is it, cause i believe some of the later strata east records do not follow these rules

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    However,

Some of late 70's strata east LP's like Bill Lee & John Hicks are actually white inside.

What lP is it bitch?

• ShahShah 35 Posts
    The record at issue is PHAROAH SANDERS "Izipho Zam" STRATA EAST / 1973 / 19733

Any visible indicators of a reissue on this one?
    thanks
    Shah

• slushslush 691 Posts
    that one should be real easy to spot
    the dolphy reissues are glossy no?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    The record at issue is PHAROAH SANDERS "Izipho Zam" STRATA EAST / 1973 / 19733

Any visible indicators of a reissue on this one?
    thanks
    Shah

If it's brown go to town, if it's white you're out a sight (that means its a reissue).

• what nate said

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    What about Tolliver's impact lp from '76?

brown inside, but a paste-on backing!!

• What about Tolliver's impact lp from '76?

that would be an og

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    What about Tolliver's impact lp from '76?

that would be an og

woohooo!!
    thank you, 3rd