Your 45 collection

2»

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

They are so beautiful, but so horrible to flick through. There's so little info on them but the labels are so pretty.

• I have a copy of Barbara Lynn's 'I'm a good woman' that looks absolutely fucked, and plays pretty strong VG+ with one or two pops - and that does me fine.

My copy of Barbara Lynn is also like that, but then i'll have some clean 45's that sound like shit

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I have a copy of Barbara Lynn's 'I'm a good woman' that looks absolutely fucked, and plays pretty strong VG+ with one or two pops - and that does me fine.

My copy of Barbara Lynn is also like that, but then i'll have some clean 45's that sound like shit

I've heard quite a few factory-fresh indie-rock 45's from the nineties onward that sound like homemade shit.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I have a copy of Barbara Lynn's 'I'm a good woman' that looks absolutely fucked, and plays pretty strong VG+ with one or two pops - and that does me fine.

I've heard quite a few factory-fresh indie-rock 45's from the nineties onward that sound like homemade shit.

Um.... that's partly the point, no?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Um.... that's partly the point, no?

It's one thing to be RECORDING in lo-fi, but it shouldn't be MASTERED that way.