Melba Moore....Anyone.....

Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
.......Anyone....please to school me.Does she have joints? IIRC she might have one or two Quiet Storm classics, but after that what's the deal?Hidden album cut bangers?Modern Soul steez?Hair and them?Dirty late 60s/Early 70s 45s??

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    nice version of "25 miles" on her debut...used to play it out quite a bit

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    her cover of you stepped into my life is real good, she sorta puts on sexy voice. i used it on a mix. disco haters stfd theenks

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I have her Peace Melba LP that has two good cuts I think. Haven't listened to it in ages though.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I keep seeing her earliest albums on Mercury all over the place...I always pass them by, thinking they're slick Broadway soul like that Ben Vereen LP.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I keep seeing her earliest albums on Mercury all over the place...I always pass them by, thinking they're slick Broadway soul like that Ben Vereen LP.

Sayin......

Ive always been 'scurred' to cop, but my curiosity has always been there.

She can SANG....on the real.

her cover of you stepped into my life is real good, she sorta puts on sexy voice. i used it on a mix. disco haters stfd theenks

I forgot this one. Black BBQ classique.

• Does she have joints?

KILLER boogie if you ask me.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Does she have joints?

KILLER boogie if you ask me.

Yes- that was on the radio back then.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Here's a killer tune

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    There's a track from about 85 called "Falling" where she holds a note for ages. Grown folks boogie. Really good voice, belongs on a Freddie Jackson, Luther, Me'Lisa Morgan, Miki Howard, Stephanie Mills mix if you know of what I speak.

There's a track from about 85 called "Falling" where she holds a note for ages. Grown folks boogie. Really good voice, belongs on a Freddie Jackson, Luther, Me'Lisa Morgan, Miki Howard, Stephanie Mills mix if you know of what I speak.

Post-Modern Soul???????????

• Instro edit of "Love's Coming At Ya"

http://www.box.net/shared/static/h047llsz7i.mp3

nice n smmoov

yo Pick33 - u remember that show? I dont.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    To do a little crossover from that Kashif thread...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    her version of Sunshine Superman from peach melba is cool...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

yo Pick33 - u remember that show? I dont.

The Melba Moore & Clifton Davis Show? Actually, that's how I first heard about either one of them. My family had it on in the house, and that was my frame of reference for both of them for a while...until Clifton got That's My Mama and Melba's recording career took off. But I don't remember much about the program since it was a summer replacement show and was only on for a few weeks.

I was looking through some old issues of Black Stars magazine at the library and saw an article on Melba Moore, done right after she and Clifton broke up and the show ended. She basically said the same things in 1972 that she said in the Youtube clip above, except that back then she was bitter as a lemon...pointing fingers, naming names, dropping the word "nigger" a few times to get her point across, and generally talking pretty raw. You could tell she was straight shook that the TV show didn't happen, although she's obviously mellowed down by now.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

Post-Modern Soul???????????

Thinking-about-that-trenchcoat-in-the-window Soul?

• dayday 9,612 Posts

[/braeks]

• I play Take My Love 12" all the time.
    Kashif produced!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This record was a massive disappointment to me as a young collectro (like just about everything on mercury).

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I play Take My Love 12" all the time.
    Kashif produced!

I play the 'Miss Thing' 12" all the time

• I play Take My Love 12" all the time.
    Kashif produced!

I play the 'Miss Thing' 12" all the time

AND DOES IT RIP?!?!?!