See Label for Contents: A Survey of 45 RPM Label A

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
See Label for Contents: A Survey of 45 RPM Label Art in America 1955-1980. I was just reading about this book online, looking forward to picking it up when it drops.

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

Copped. Shipping was $12 though!

b/w these dudes sound so old and crusty already with this "A Survey of..." title business.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    b/w these dudes sound so old and crusty already with this "A Survey of..." title business.

The OG title was "Dope Label Jawns", but the publisher didn't understand it.

"Dope Label Jawns"

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    That title is how you know it's a serious book. Old crusty dudes are runnin' schitt.

That title is how you know it's a serious book. Old crusty dudes are runnin' schitt.

Yep, these dudes are definitely crusty and definitely running things.

Can't wait to check this book out! 45s with cool labels are kind of an obsession of mine, and will probably get way worse after I see this!

A couple faves:

Will post more later

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

That "survey" business isn't even the real title - it's just a blurb on the cover - so I don't think the "crust" contigent is a consideration. When people refer to the book after it's been out a while, they're likely going to say See Label For Contents and leave it at that.

That "survey" business isn't even the real title - it's just a blurb on the cover - so I don't think the "crust" contigent is a consideration. When people refer to the book after it's been out a while, they're likely going to say See Label For Contents and leave it at that.
    Blurb? It's the subtitle, Jack.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

The way it's laid out on the cover (see link above), it LOOKS like a blurb, since they set it off to the side. At any rate...

That "survey" business is only a subtitle[/b] so I don't think the "crust" contigent is a consideration. When people refer to the book after it's been out a while, they're likely going to say See Label For Contents and leave it at that.

The way it's laid out on the cover (see link above), it LOOKS like a blurb, since they set it off to the side. At any rate...

That "survey" business is only a subtitle[/b] so I don't think the "crust" contigent is a consideration. When people refer to the book after it's been out a while, they're likely going to say See Label For Contents and leave it at that.
    What of the book's spine? I bet it's laid out exactly like a subtitle there.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    You dudes are arguing over a book that hasn't even been made yet.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• lazolalazola 23 Posts

Really? I thought it was already released but out of print. Is it just available for pre-sale then?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Very cool.
    When's the release date for this sucker?

Very cool.
    When's the release date for this sucker?
    Amazon says something about November 23, 2010.

• olsunolsun 35 Posts
    any news on that book? it was supposed to be out in november i think?

• olsun said:
    any news on that book? it was supposed to be out in november i think?

My money "got returned" (aka my credit card didn't get charged) from the place that I had reserved a copy, and that happened in December. Get the feeling it's really not going as planned.