Easter Weekend finds

2»

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

That Spiffy's has a few kool moments. Some decent loops. Aye Rock, what's the one on the top left?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

That Spiffy's has a few kool moments. Some decent loops. Aye Rock, what's the one on the top left?

Morgen on Probe.....top notch psych.

• Morgen on Probe.....top notch psych.

man, this record is great front to back... I pulled a promo copy recently but it doesn't have the insert. are all copies of Morgen promos? and if the answer to question #1 is no, did promos come with the insert?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

man, this record is great front to back... I pulled a promo copy recently but it doesn't have the insert. are all copies of Morgen promos? and if the answer to question #1 is no, did promos come with the insert?

Seen it before, for some serious doe, and never knew what it was.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Some cheap scores this weekend. Everything was unplayed. Juggy Murray is so gaddamn good, and includes a version of "Chameleon" with great vocals:

• the other side of the natural four 45 is so good - hopefully it isn't burnt to schitt like usual. like that carol hughes too..

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

Seen it before, for some serious doe, and never knew what it was.

was worth getting the reish for me, i just wanted to play it and not wait 5-10(+?) years for the OG to turn up. (which ill still buy if it ever does!) love that "she wears the night time" track.

Rockadelics pulls are always so entertaining.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

he is never getting that record back, nor will i do business with him again. frankly, i am super irritated by all this...

Bravo. Put it on a cd and play it in the car real loud when ever you see him. Haha, f*ck it, I'm just a dick!

Now youre at it, why not get a t-shirt made with the cover, wear it in the car while blastin the music!!!!!

Even better, repeatedly prank call him at late hours of the night and play the record over the phone...chanting Deez Nuts! Deez Nuts!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

he is never getting that record back, nor will i do business with him again. frankly, i am super irritated by all this...

Bravo. Put it on a cd and play it in the car real loud when ever you see him. Haha, f*ck it, I'm just a dick!

Now youre at it, why not get a t-shirt made with the cover, wear it in the car while blastin the music!!!!!

Even better, repeatedly prank call him at late hours of the night and play the record over the phone...chanting Deez Nuts! Deez Nuts!

Make color xerox copies of the front cover, glue them onto multiple copies of Endless Flight. Plant those at all used record stores that you know are frequented by this guy. For maximum impact you should glue the copies onto the backside of Endless Flight and of course plant them xerox to front so when he finds them and turns them around...

the other side of the natural four 45 is so good - hopefully it isn't burnt to schitt like usual. like that carol hughes too..

Yeah, Carol Hughes is Lowrider soul bliss: exactly the type of 45 I'm looking for right now.

Natural Four: VG+ vinyl believe it or not. Love both sides of that 45, but yeah you're right!

• the private collector i went to today definitely takes the cake for most annoying dude ever. i have been buying off him periodically over the past year or so and it has gotten to the point where i have seen everything he has to offer and i am only interested in his parliament collection, etc. that he has been hesitating on.

so i pull out a stack and he takes out all the p-funk, felas, james browns, etc... and goes i can;t sell these. well, why the F*ck did you call me this morning to tell me that you were selling off the rest of your collection? f*cking time-wasting noob that you are rick.

i am this close to retiring from records.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    the private collector i went to today definitely takes the cake for most annoying dude ever. i have been buying off him periodically over the past year or so and it has gotten to the point where i have seen everything he has to offer and i am only interested in his parliament collection, etc. that he has been hesitating on.

so i pull out a stack and he takes out all the p-funk, felas, james browns, etc... and goes i can;t sell these. well, why the F*ck did you call me this morning to tell me that you were selling off the rest of your collection? f*cking time-wasting noob that you are rick.

i am this close to retiring from records.

look on the bright side, you are pulling a lot of heat at the moment!

this was part of my birthday present

Here's the vocal version of "Chameleon" from the Juggy Murry Jones LP:

http://www.divshare.com/download/10981660-845

• look on the bright side, you are pulling a lot of heat at the moment!

yeah, i really am in no position to complain.

that is by far the best vocal version of chameleon i have ever heard (i think there are around 3-4 others that i know of) thanks for sharing.

btw, the vancouver record show is next sunday, is anyone coming up?

btw, the vancouver record show is next sunday, is anyone coming up?

Is it any good? How many sellers? etc?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    haha i'm with breez on that tho.
    unless you were straight up misleading someone who was a friend, aint nothing wrong.
    outta respect i offer you DEEEEEEEZNUTS!!!!

haha. About 4 months ago I had a dude ask me if he could give me back a record that I traded to him 3 years ago. I actually agreed b/c I had a few copies of a record he wanted, and the one he was giving back was something I didn't mind having a spare of (Sims Sisters, Tony!). Funny people, funny styles.

• btw, the vancouver record show is next sunday, is anyone coming up?

Is it any good? How many sellers? etc?

its pretty decent, better than the one in sept, lots of crustiness. maybe about 30-40 sellers or more from around pacific nw. early bird entrance is highly recommended but not a must. lots of tables with cheap, good wax. i pulled a mint "apres ski" ost for 15 bucks last show at around 4pm.

• two long-time wants crossed off the list.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    two long-time wants crossed off the list.

damn, didnt you say you were retiring, i want your digging spots when you do!

• two long-time wants crossed off the list.

damn, didnt you say you were retiring, i want your digging spots when you do!

the truth is i am a hopeless vinyl fiend.

if you (or any other strutter for that matter) come to town i will take you to the spots.