Easter Weekend finds

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Hit up some spots I haven't been to in a while. Found these cheaphttp://www.popsike.com/FREEDOMS-CHILDREN-GALACTIC-VIBES-ORIGINAL-RARE-/140359775058.htmlSouth African Psych - Haven't heard it yet but it looks like it's gonna be good - http://www.popsike.com/PHIL-SAWYER-CHILDHOODS-END-RARE-AUSTRALIAN-LP/4838950879.htmlAcid Folk Aussie record - dunno what it sound slike yet but I don't hold that much hope that it'll be my bag.Also - can I get a price czech on this?http://www.discogs.com/James-Mason-I-Want-Your-Love/release/895240Sounds awesome, and seems to be hard to find too.

Comments

• The Phil Sawyer was going for ~$500+ last I saw, which was an age ago. The label is Sweet Peach if I recall right ..

Scoped this today in the second hand bins

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Hugh you should have like 50 copies of that where you live!

Great record - anything else that came out of SA that you rate? They had a lot of garage bands in the 60s about which i know nothing.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Finally upgraded from this:

to this:

Should have done this a loooooooooong time ago. I've had that crappy Panasonic since high school (12 years ago). Served me well though.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    those funky uk stereo gold award label jawns pops up frequently, felt like ive been through most of these releases, but this one i hadnt seen before, definitely not without potential, says disco on the cover, but contains some cool budget psyched out funk!

• lazolalazola 23 Posts
    Hit up some spots I haven't been to in a while. Found these cheap

http://www.popsike.com/FREEDOMS-CHILDREN-GALACTIC-VIBES-ORIGINAL-RARE-/140359775058.html

South African Psych - Haven't heard it yet but it looks like it's gonna be good -

Looks good, love to hear it.

• lazolalazola 23 Posts
    Went to my folks place for the holyday weekend, hit some old trusty spots in the hood.

Photobucket

found some xian ironic creepiness too:

Photobucket

Photobucket

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    billy parker!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    oh snap, somehow I never saw the early part of this thread - a Galactic Vibes "in the field" is an incredible find!

• billy parker!!!

dude, you have no idea what a source of annoyance that record has become in my life.

yesterday, i did some trades with a local guy who i thought was super cool and knowledgeable (he's been in the game much longer than me and his collecting is just sick) and he wakes up this morning to aggressively demand that i give it back to him or else i better pay him 250 dollars "out of respect". guess what i told him?

i think i just became too old for records. i can't deal with these types any more; the stress, annoyance and hassle is totally not worth it. on the other hand, i can get mp3's from the comfort of my home and listen to them on a tiny portable machine and have all kinds of shelf space and so forth.

i also just realized that my daydream of opening up a record shop would in actuality be absolutely horrible. my complete sympathy to anyone who runs or works at a record store.

this could be a turning point....or not....

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    those funky uk stereo gold award label jawns pops up frequently, felt like ive been through most of these releases, but this one i hadnt seen before, definitely not without potential, says disco on the cover, but contains some cool budget psyched out funk!

i came across one of these a little while back, love the version of oye como va its nice find on the Sue Barker too.

and
    Billy Parker, is number 1 on my wants list right now, mad jealous!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

.....and he wakes up this morning to aggressively demand that i give it back to him or else i better pay him 250 dollars "out of respect". guess what i told him?

I'd tell dude to RESPECT THESE NUTS & EAT A DICK, straight up. You got the record, just write his ass off. I hate pricks like this. This schitt is Vinyl Warefare, F*ck HIM!!! I hope you kept the record and lost a friend.

I'd tell dude to RESPECT THESE NUTS & EAT A DICK, straight up. You got the record, just write his ass off. I hate pricks like this. This schitt is Vinyl Warefare, F*ck HIM!!! I hope you kept the record and lost a friend.

haha i'm with breez on that tho.
    unless you were straight up misleading someone who was a friend, aint nothing wrong.
    outta respect i offer you DEEEEEEEZNUTS!!!!

• haha i'm with breez on that tho.
    unless you were straight up misleading someone who was a friend, aint nothing wrong.

its some dude that i run into at record stores from time to time, not a friend (although he was a nice guy and i suppose could have been a potential friend) and i didn;t trick him into anything.

he is never getting that record back, nor will i do business with him again. frankly, i am super irritated by all this...

• Nothing too hard to find, but great albums nonetheless:

how do I get pics in my posts?

the image code thing ain't working for me on soulstrut boards

the image code thing ain't working for me on soulstrut boards

dude look at the link you are using - it's not an image.

if it doesn't end in .jpg or .gif it's not going to post as an image, simple as that.

----------------

as for the trade thing, no doubt, you need to know what you have before the
    trade is made, If after the fact you find out your record was more valuable than
    you realized, losers weepers. Don't offer shit up unless you are 100% sure of it.

just not sure I see it as "Vinyl Warefare(sic)"

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

he is never getting that record back, nor will i do business with him again. frankly, i am super irritated by all this...

Bravo. Put it on a cd and play it in the car real loud when ever you see him. Haha, f*ck it, I'm just a dick!

another $bin pull, a group called not booker t but brother t and the family

Bravo. Put it on a cd and play it in the car real loud when ever you see him. Haha, f*ck it, I'm just a dick!

Now youre at it, why not get a t-shirt made with the cover, wear it in the car while blastin the music!!!!!

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

Now youre at it, why not get a t-shirt made with the cover, wear it in the car while blastin the music!!!!!

And maybe do a "Billy Parkers Fourth World" paint job on the car too. I think i`d drop dead if a raer strata-east painted car drove past me anyway, but he`s gonna dig it especially.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Here's a track from this album - didn't think I'd be into this - I get a bit lost with the whole psych debate, but would you call this acid or pysch folk?

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts

Here's a track from this album - didn't think I'd be into this - I get a bit lost with the whole psych debate, but would you call this acid or pysch folk?

Its definitely prog. Starts out promising with the guitars and organs but that dudes voice and lyrics.....eh

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    haha i'm with breez on that tho.

its some dude that i run into at record stores from time to time, not a friend (although he was a nice guy and i suppose could have been a potential friend) and i didn;t trick him into anything.

Is this guy monitoring your strut posts to measure your excitement about a trade or does he just popsike everything he trades after the deal is done?

• hey may lurk here, he mentioned he actually signed up for membership a while ago and he knows my username but what difference does that make?

he made a bad deal, life goes on. i have no sympathy for a dude that has been in the game for 15 years plus and pulls the babe in the woods routine and then gets pushy with me. i would have had more respect for him if he would have handled it like a grown up.

file this under: never seen the game played so badly.

update: he just emailed me to sincerely apologise for acting like he did and i actually think that counts for a lot. what drama over one record. its a great record and all but not exactly the stuff that dreams are made of.

no one likes to throw money away. still, when you do, you gotta take it in stride. "doh!" and keep moving.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

he made a bad deal, life goes on. i have no sympathy for a dude that has been in the game for 15 years plus and pulls the babe in the woods routine and then gets pushy with me. i would have had more respect for him if he would have handled it like a grown up.

Tell him he needs to step his popsike game up.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    45 Highlights from the past two weekends. Ron and Candy side I meant to show was "Plastic Situation":

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Tell him he needs to step his popsike game up.

How did he even realize; "doh, I fucked up?"