Night Owl Record Show site launch

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited August 2005 in Announcements
http://nightowlrecordshow.com/sayin! Hollur! Random!

Comments

• looks dope!

are you gonna be an ambassador and spread that show down here?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    LA is way too spread out for such events and nailing down a venue with alcohol would be costly...don't you think?

PS..

Argyle background dedicated to the one .. the only ... the_mack!

• there is one spot in la. a resturaunt that turns into a club at night. maybe since your show is from 5-9 or maybe even 4-8 they would be willing to cut you a deal as they could still host a club that evening. i'm sure there are other spots like that as well. how many heads did you pull for the portland show? how many were early birds? you might be able to cover the costs for the place just off the entry fees and make all your loot selling heat.

You might convince me of this after all. Portland pulls around ??300 with increasing # of earlies. Parking will need to be address too since folks are gonna drive their records over, yao?!

• welcomebackkotterbreaksraer!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS HEAT?

Site looks dope Tsega. Man, I had no idea you were doing this. You're knocking sites out in your sleep, or what?

P.I.M.P[/b]

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

don't believe the hype

What the fuck? Damn...
    (I feel like I don't even know you.)

• G.I.M.P[/b]

Bam, I don't even know me these days...

Mike, why is it that Portland drives folk to buy zip up hoodies... I swear I had one withing months of moving there. I notice you've done the same.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

[color:#9966CC]T [color:#009933]R [color:#FF99CC]I [color:#FF0000]P [color:#FF00FF]P [color:#0000FF]Y

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Dammit! I need to escape from GA in October and fly back to Portland. I missed the last 2 and don't wanna make it 3... Nice work, Tsega.

• Mike, why is it that Portland drives folk to buy zip up hoodies... I swear I had one withing months of moving there. I notice you've done the same.

dude. i been rockin hooded sweatshirts since day one.
    you've just never seen me bustin real world moves in breezy weather.

Thank you Mr. Bell... I'm thinking about coming up for this one as well. Stay tuned..

Mike, I guess with the upcoming move, you will be fully dipped in zip up hoodies for a majority of the year....maybe you should silk screen some sik art on some.

• Mike, I guess with the upcoming move, you will be fully dipped in <s>zip up hoodies</s> <b>XL double bubble goosedowns</b> for a majority of the year....

Thank you Mr. Bell...

You're very welcome, sir.

• anybody know how far it is to drive from northern california to portland ? i need to check out a record show where i'm not tired as shit from getting up at 4.

• i'd say it's about 4 hours from the california / oregon border to portland.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    8-10hrs depending on how many times you stop

i forgot to write that while you are closer to the 5 than i am... youre about another hour south of me so you can throw on another 45-60min of driving

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    http://nightowlrecordshow.com/

sayin! Hollur! Random!

So how was the show? I was supposed to come out for the weekend but couldn't make it out there. Which makes it 3 consecutive misses of the NORS ...I know the Alkaholiks was there probably killin' shit...Pac Northwest strutters, post pics plaese..

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Here are a few blurry pics I took with my phone:

Two hours before the public is let in, the dealers scramble for raer.[/b]

More dealer-on-dealer action.[/b]

Brian, a.k.a. "Big Man" (far right), wipes a tear from his eye as another digger scores big.[/b]

Dan Berkman, a.k.a Lazerwolf, grimaces at the sight of countless unaffordable raers found in the crates of super-producer Jake One (whose neatly-shaven head can be spotted in the lower right corner). [/b]

I made enough to pay my rent and one major bill, so I was happy. Big thanks to Jake for letting me put a few crates on his table.

Those look dope. Wish I could have been there. Anyone else take pics?

• I checked out the show for the first time. Got there kind of late. Had a drink or two, and left with about thirty new records. Glad to see stuff like this happening in my backyard. Props to all the folks that made this happen.

Cheers, KeV.....

Those look dope. Wish I could have been there. Anyone else take pics?