Sarah Palin 4 way

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I ain't feeling her but that's just in poor taste.

It's as funny as this.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

so the pic I posted parallels racism?

Im sure some african americans would disagree with you professor.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    poor taste.

if Hookup photoshoped some dongs in there, maybe.

That would be tough to pull off though.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    no need to disrespect her as a woman since she clowns herself as a person every day

actually, its a good rule to never disrespect women just for being women

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    now if that was Glenn Beck, it would have been funny

1) I'm sure "some african americans" would agree with me. Or "some feminists." I don't see what the relevance of that would be though. Either *you* can agree with me or not.

2) In all fairness, perhaps you care to share what your profession is so that can be made a point of mockery apropos of nothing in future posts.

3) The picture you posted was in poor taste because "the joke" only works because Palin is a woman. It's not a commentary on her political views (moronic and reprehensible as they may be); it works only because she's a woman.

One could have probably found a picture of, say, Hilary Clinton or Angela Davis, in a similar pose and made the same joke and it would have "worked" in the same way, though I don't know if people in this forum would have found that so funny.

Similarly, the Obama Bucks image is in poor taste because it relies solely on race to make the joke "work". If you had put Biden or Bush in there, it loses its primary power. You *could* suggest that a white guy in that image would still have been funny to some and you could also argue that a man in that Palin photo would have been funny too with the same punchline but I'd suggest that race and sex, respectively, are inherent to why the punchline is supposed to be funny.

All this said, humor is incredibly subjective. I found that photo/joke to be in poor taste. You (and others) are welcome to agree or disagree.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

2) In all fairness, perhaps you care to share what your profession is so that can be made a point of mockery apropos of nothing in future posts.

I am a Recreational Therapist at a residential facility for children and adolescents with severe behaviorial disorders.

Actually I would be interested on some comedic takes on this, good for bringing levity to my job. Im serious about that.

One could have probably found a picture of, say, Hilary Clinton or Angela Davis, in a similar pose and made the same joke and it would have "worked" in the same way, though I don't know if people in this forum would have found that so funny.

how so? I dont think I have ever heard Angela Davis or Hillary Clinton speak on the sexual depravity of Americans. I have heard Sarah pontificate on abstinence many times. Hence the subject matter of this pic is what is satirizing the subject. If it were Hilary or Anglea, I think it would be more of a WTF?

the subject matter of this pic is what is satirizing the subject.

So the fact that Palin is a woman has nothing to do with the joke?

I don't think Clinton ever stumped on the importance of breaking men's balls but that doesn't stop stuff like this from coming out:

• 3) The picture you posted was in poor taste because "the joke" only works because Palin is a woman. It's not a commentary on her political views (moronic and reprehensible as they may be); it works only because she's a woman.

I agree that it's poor taste, but it would definitely still work if it was a man in that pose.

The problem with it is that it's lazy sexual stereotyping. It's an extention of the shitty coverage of women politicians in general which focuses soley on what they're wearing or how they've done their hair rather than what they say.

• it works only because she's a woman.

i don't know about that, a similar photo of a male politician would be just as funny.

but this one of ex-australian prime minister john howard and his treasurer is better:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

I dont think I have ever heard Angela Davis or Hillary Clinton speak on the sexual depravity of Americans. I have heard Sarah pontificate on abstinence many times. Hence the subject matter of this pic is what is satirizing the subject. If it were Hilary or Anglea, I think it would be more of a WTF?

Yup.

A multi-entry sexjoke about lil Kim would still be about a woman (MB: could you be implying that only women suck dicks?--you homophobe lol!!)...it might not be funny always, but I think this one is--for her incessant preaching about sexual promiscuity (while being unable to keep even her own unwed teen daughter from steady bonin, no less); this pic of her all tarted up, with one up her rear--it's her rear, trust--and the doubledong treatment up top--that's funny enough!

Women are half the people on the earth, that's a big enough group that I'm not worried of possibly offending them at every turn. Especially if the butt (and full mowf) of the joke is Sarah Palin...and the duplicity of her whole steez...

Dick and fart jokes. It's Friday. Lighten up!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I think it's funny

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    it works only because she's a woman.

i don't know about that, a similar photo of a male politician would be just as funny.

but this one of ex-australian prime minister john howard and his treasurer is better:

^^^^^^
    Awesome.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    FOLL_DISCLOSURE:

I'm on the record in other comedystrut posts as saying I think the following people are funnier than not:

Carrot Top
    Foxworthy and Cable Guy
    I think I even said Dane Cook made me laugh
    Rita Rudner

so,
    there's that.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

1) I'm sure "some african americans" would agree with me. Or "some feminists." I don't see what the relevance of that would be though. Either *you* can agree with me or not.

3) The picture you posted was in poor taste because "the joke" only works because Palin is a woman. It's not a commentary on her political views (moronic and reprehensible as they may be); it works only because she's a woman.

Similarly, the Obama Bucks image is in poor taste because it relies solely on race to make the joke "work". If you had put Biden or Bush in there, it loses its primary power. You *could* suggest that a white guy in that image would still have been funny to some and you could also argue that a man in that Palin photo would have been funny too with the same punchline but I'd suggest that race and sex, respectively, are inherent to why the punchline is supposed to be funny.

All this said, humor is incredibly subjective. I found that photo/joke to be in poor taste. You (and others) are welcome to agree or disagree.

While I agree with the entirety of your post, where were you when Hillary was being called a cunt and bitch on a daily basis after Obama announced his candidacy? A lotta ugly stuff in those threads got overlooked in the general rah-rah Obama atmosphere in here; just saying.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

The whole "invisible dick" thing is an internet meme that gets applied to any picture where it looks like people might be playing with invisible dicks. It doesn't have anything to do with the gender of the person, but rather the pose. It's kind of an offshoot of the "invisible buttsex" meme.

Here, for example, is an Al Gore invisible dick:

Better late than never.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

The whole "invisible dick" thing is an internet meme that gets applied to any picture where it looks like people might be playing with invisible dicks. It doesn't have anything to do with the gender of the person, but rather the pose. It's kind of an offshoot of the "invisible buttsex" meme.

Here, for example, is an Al Gore invisible dick:

this is actually funnier than the Palin one.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

the subject matter of this pic is what is satirizing the subject.

So the fact that Palin is a woman has nothing to do with the joke?

I don't think Clinton ever stumped on the importance of breaking men's balls but that doesn't stop stuff like this from coming out:

I want one of these.

This is hilarious.

This doesn't offend my sensibilities.

Professor, you need to lighten up. Aren't you the one always talking about polyamory (at least from a males perspective)?

I just think female politicians - even the wack ones - have to battle a lot of bullshit just to be taken seriously. I could give a F*ck if that means I lack a sufficient sense of humor.

• mannybolone, how many times have you cried today?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    i think this is way funnier

• StringsStrings 82 Posts
    I just think female politicians - even the wack ones - have to battle a lot of bullshit just to be taken seriously. I could give a F*ck if that means I lack a sufficient sense of humor.

Women in general have to accept a lot of shit just because of their sex. Symbolic violence as Bourdieu would have put it.