Hey Pickwick......Ever Seen This LP??

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Or anyone else for that matter??Duane was the lead singer of Louisiana's Boogie Kings.I can find no mention of this anywhere.

Comments

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    that cover is amazing, looks very euro for a us release.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    It doesn't look "euro," it looks exactly like what it is - a regional record label from Louisiana trying to get "psychedelic" in their cover art. That out of the way, I have never heard or heard of this release. Rock, is this any good? Or are you keeping this in your "sell" pile?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It doesn't look "euro," it looks exactly like what it is - a regional record label from Louisiana trying to get "psychedelic" in their cover art. That out of the way, I have never heard or heard of this release. Rock, is this any good? Or are you keeping this in your "sell" pile?

I'll post a clip or two tonight......probably not a keeper for me.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

i was gonna say its looks somewhat blue-ish... then it does have a little bit yellow going too!!

• Or anyone else for that matter??

Nope.
    Been digging in La for 17 yrs, never seen it.

Familiar with the label, or labels, as I'm sure you are too.
    There's some good stuff on Michelle.
    Any idea which is the parent label?

i was gonna say its looks somewhat blue-ish... then it does have a little bit yellow going too!!

Well blue and yellow are typical Euro colors, aren't they?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Well blue and yellow are typical Euro colors, aren't they?

All I know is that in the mid-late sixties, that kind of twisty-twirly psychedelic graphic was used for everybody from the Thirteenth Floor Elevators to Doug Clark & the Hot Nuts. U.K. artists had covers that looked like that too, but I never thought of it as specifically "Euro."

not to dunno if u guys are familiar with this otis redding tribute, pretty much kills it.. some cool organ lead inst funk tracks on here..

I'll post a clip or two tonight......probably not a keeper for me.

Pretty much all straight covers of Otis hits.....LP was sealed, very noisy press.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    not to dunno if u guys are familiar with this otis redding tribute, pretty much kills it.. some cool organ lead inst funk tracks on here..

Yeah, that one is fairly well-known - at least, as the one Majestics record that
    doesn't really go for good money. Odell Brown has an Otis tribute LP of organ instros, also. And of course there is the painfully tepid Jimmy Wess & the Upsetters "We Remember Otis" LP.

Yeah, that one is fairly well-known - at least, as the one Majestics record that
    doesn't really go for good money..

thats too bad, maybe people think its just another lameass cover version album.. well its far from imo