Akon covers "Strawberry Letter 23"

mooneymooney 48 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
  <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Ouch. at least maybe Shuggie might get to see some coin out of this.

Comments

•   <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

doubt it. brothers johnson probabbly will though, judgin by the sample jack..

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    No knock on Akon but this is terrible

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Akon is terrible

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah heard this earlier in the week
    yikes.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    AWFUL

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts

WHY????

• good god...everyone has to stop using the auto-tune on vocals. why has that trend not died yet?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
      <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

doubt it. brothers johnson probabbly will though, judgin by the sample jack..

Shuggie's far more likely to get paid off this than the Brothers Johnson. He wrote the damn song, after all. Doesn't matter whose version you sample; if the writer doesn't approve it, you don't have a game.

I have to admit, I'm not much interested in anything Akon does nowadays. He's got about two, maybe three licks and a couple of variations on those, and I've heard 'em more than enough times.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts

• JusMeJusMe 68 Posts
    im prayin this doesnt get big. ive always realy loved strawberry letter 22. shit'll be ruined forever if i have to listen to this at work

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    im prayin this doesnt get big. ive always realy loved strawberry letter 22. shit'll be ruined forever if i have to listen to this at work

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    haha and dont lose sleep, it wont do anything

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Nah man, 23 was just all blah blah laughing playgrounds blah blah purple showers and orange birds blah blah. Now, 22, that was when Shuggie really got deep.

It's probably not even worth the time it takes to write this to say that Akon song is appalling and seems to be aimed at a non existent audience.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    wow. That is REALLY terrible!!!!!!! I could never understand how this guy became popular. He can't sing at all.

• who? , b/w of

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    damn, i was jammin some tevin earlier today

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    good god...everyone has to stop using the auto-tune on vocals. why has that trend not died yet?

Though directed at Tpain these comments about Autotube cracked me up