Feelin' this new R. Kelly song.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
"Be My #2"Disco'd out beat produced by Jack Splash.

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    ugh. that song is a number two. (rimshot)

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Really? I like it. The beat and the lyrics (which are on-point as far as sidepieces go).

Now the video is definitely a deuce-dropping. All makeshift and sh*t.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    this is killing me...what the hell is that guitar line from...

• I've been riding for this song since the album dropped. LOVE IT. only song on that record that I dug.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I would love dearly to be able to front, but this is some great-sounding shit. That said, I do hope there's an instrumental somewhere.

Now the video is definitely a deuce-dropping. All makeshift and sh*t.
    You know, I don't know. Watching it, I feel like dude is pretty expertly working a few different sides with this: He is completely convincing as a cigar-smoking tuxedoed huxtable slow-nodding at all that paralegal laffy taffy, and is also completely convincing as the short-sleeved party reptile sweating it out at Club La Vela or wherever. And I think that makeshift quality you're talking about is calculated to make both scenarios seem plausible and natural, and--more importantly--to make Arruh seem at least a little more accessible to all. Dry-humping Keri Hilson onstage at some show on a motorcycle is some pretty rarified, distancing shit, you know? By contrast, I can definitely see a lot of women coming away from watching this video thinking that they look better than at least half the women in it, and I can definitely see creepy old dudes and creepy young dudes both coming away from this video saying "That's my man throwing down!"

I mean, I still mostly think he's a sack of shit on the humanity tip, but as always, the image management here is flawless.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Great production, awful songwriting, plus:

• filtered house resurected by R.kelly??

This guy is a hit maker

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I forgot i owned this album

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    nice use of Rhyze's "Just How Sweet Is Your Love"

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    pop in 2010 at its finest.