Pajama pants in public...

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
I see more and more people wearing pajama pants in public.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I don't mind yoga pants.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I mean, does the walgreens have a queen size available for customers that wanna get some shut-eye? "This purchase of toothpaste and pack of bic pens has really taken it out of me...good thing Im ready for bed" I mean, whats the deal?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I'm baffled by this as well. I guess I understand if you're running to the corner shop for some milk or something, but I see people on the subway in their PJ's. Do they actually get in their beds in them when they get home? That is just foul...

• No shirt, no shoes, no service -- got it?

Oh, and no jammies either.

UK supermarket chain Tesco is laying down the law with a new dress code banning bare feet and "nightwear," the Daily Mail reports.

The Tesco superstore in St. Mellons, Cardiff, Wales is the first British supermarket to introduce a dress code, according to the paper.

"To avoid causing embarrassment to others we ask that our customers are appropriately dressed when visiting our store (footwear must be worn at all times and no nightwear is permitted)," signs posted at the store's entrance reportedly say.

Staff members told the paper they put up the signs in response to mothers doing their shopping in pajamas after dropping their kids off at school.

"We do not have a strict dress code but we don't want people shopping in their nightwear in case it offends other customers," a Tesco spokesman told the source.

"We're not a nightclub with a strict dress code, and jeans and trainers [sneakers] are of course more than welcome. We do, however, request that customers do not shop in their PJs or nightgowns."

While we stopped wearing our flannel jammies to pick up milk back in college (don't judge), some Tesco customers are demanding their right to a supermarket slumber party.

"It is ridiculous and stupid," 24-year-old PJ-clad mom Elaine Carmody, who was asked to leave by a security guard, told the paper.

"I've got lovely pairs of pajamas, with bears and penguins on them. I've worn my best ones today, just so I look tidy.

"I walked in with my trolley [shopping cart] and the security guard came over and told me to leave. He said it offends people. But I've never seen anyone offended.

"You see loads of people going in wearing jogging bottoms, what's the difference?"

"This is just pathetic and shows how snobbish some people can be," another disgruntled shopper reportedly said.

This isn't the first time pajamas have been battled across the pond (and who can forget Shanghai's attack on sleepwear in public?). Belfast school headmaster Joe McGuinness recently ruffled feathers when he posted a notice saying that parents coming to pick up or drop off their children in pajamas were "slovenly and rude," according to the Daily Mail.

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/01/28/paja...-code-snobbish/

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Sure these are just not Skidz?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I see more and more people wearing pajama pants in public.

Me too. And I have to fight the overwhelming urge to push whichever 19 year old cunt it is that's wearing them in front of a bus.

I recently saw a crew of 3 said cunts, all of them wearing PJ pants. Really? Seriously?

That and house shoes out of the house. They're called HOUSE shoes for a reason. That also gives me the push-into-traffic willies. I find this to be an especially pressing problem with the cheap synthetic weave crowd.

What I really wonder is if they brush their teeth before they go out.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/...n1.36eef38.html

• Options
    It's a phenomenon confined to students and the mentally unstable in my geographical region.

b/w

yoga pants are the greatest thing to happen to men in the last decade...if you're an ass man like me. I have been mesmerized by many a great ass on many a hot woman.

but PJ bottoms? it makes you look lazy, unkempt and out of shape--NAGL x 10

It's a phenomenon confined to students and the mentally unstable in my geographical region.

b/w

yoga pants are the greatest thing to happen to men in the last decade...if you're an ass man like me. I have been mesmerized by many a great ass on many a hot woman.

but PJ bottoms? it makes you look lazy, unkempt and out of shape--NAGL x 10

If by mentally unstable you mean likely welfare recipients then I would agree with you.

And what the hell are yoga pants...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I have to fight the overwhelming urge to push whichever 19 year old cunt it is that's wearing them in front of a bus.

dude, you sound like a psychopath.

I have to fight the overwhelming urge to push whichever 19 year old cunt it is that's wearing them in front of a bus.

dude, you sound like a psychopath.

My name is Grafwritah. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

• Options
    Strictly based on some of your other posts, you DO sound a bit "out there".

I'm sure you're a decent dude in person, though.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    big fashion thing with the council flats girls here in Dublin! so big in fact that certain areas of the cities wear different color PJs, baby blue is big on the south side, pink PJs on the north. . big fluffy slippers in the summer as well.

Apparently it originated in Liverpool but can't confirm

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    council flats girls here in Dublin!

Council flats are housing projects right?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Mick,

I used to work on Camden Street, just down from the Tom Kelly Road flats. I can see them now... Bike wheels for Satellite dishes etc...

Happy days.

No no no, you guys are dead on. I'm out here pushing pajama pants-clad teenyboppers into traffic left and right!

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    council flats girls here in Dublin!

Council flats are housing projects right?

Yep

Camden st is great spot to live jimster, pricey these days mind

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

No no no, you guys are dead on. I'm out here pushing pajama pants-clad teenyboppers into traffic left and right!

Hey Graf I am with you in regards to pajama bottom wearing idiots in Akron....I will go even further and say in particular pajama wearing hoodrats in Akron. Most of them look like they haven't even washed their ass....just rolled out of the bed put on a coat and they are out the door. Str8 stank steez. Add that w/ the cell phone connected to the side of their head.

I was in Aldi one day and this one pajama clad rat was on the phone w/ her head in the meat freezer for a good 10 minutes. Then she carried the same convo into the check out line. And had the nerve to get mad because the cashier ran through the stuff she wanted to pay cash for w/ the stuff she wanted too pay for using her direction card (food stamps). Get of the phone and maybe you can pay attention!

Hey Graf I am with you in regards to pajama bottom wearing idiots in Akron....I will go even further and say in particular pajama wearing hoodrats in Akron. Most of them look like they haven't even washed their ass....just rolled out of the bed put on a coat and they are out the door. Str8 stank steez. Add that w/ the cell phone connected to the side of their head.

I was in Aldi one day and this one pajama clad rat was on the phone w/ her head in the meat freezer for a good 10 minutes. Then she carried the same convo into the check out line. And had the nerve to get mad because the cashier ran through the stuff she wanted to pay cash for w/ the stuff she wanted too pay for using her direction card (food stamps). Get of the phone and maybe you can pay attention!

She had matted synthetic weave didn't she? haha

Was this the South Main or the Rolling Acres Aldi? I only shop the ritsy Montrose Aldi. :P

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

She had matted synthetic weave didn't she? haha

Was this the South Main or the Rolling Acres Aldi? I only shop the ritsy Montrose Aldi. :P

It was the Rolling Acres Aldi....and you know she had a cheap red weave aka strippa look. I will hit up the Montrose Aldi on occasions when I don't feel like riding to the Rolling Acres one since Montrose is right off of 77 when I am coming home from work in Cleveland.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Weird. Round here, it's the outfit choice of the children of combined income of $100k households. Topped with supershiny healthy hair, smudgy eyeliner, lipgloss, $500 parkas, Uggs and LV or Marc Jacobs purses. Too rich to get dressed!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I don't mind yoga pants.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    pajama pants = easy access.

• Weird. Round here, it's the outfit choice of the children of combined income of $100k households. Topped with supershiny healthy hair, smudgy eyeliner, lipgloss, $500 parkas, Uggs and LV or Marc Jacobs purses. Too rich to get dressed!

the ke$ha walk of shame steelo.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Weird. Round here, it's the outfit choice of the children of combined income of $100k households. Topped with supershiny healthy hair, smudgy eyeliner, lipgloss, $500 parkas, Uggs and LV or Marc Jacobs purses. Too rich to get dressed!
    I have both this above scenario amongst the kids I teach & the other "unemployed, no reason to get dressed today stuck in the ghetto walk to the store to buy bread" side of it all as i drive through the ghetto on my way to work. I'm surrounded by this lunacy.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I also saw this look being rocked a lot at Detroit airport on sofa-size women. Fluffy slippers. The bathrooms there were also worse than many "3rd world" airport steez. I speak of no seats on the thrones and body fluid left, right and centre.

"Unemployed, no reason to get dressed today" being employed on a City-wide, macro level?

I also saw this look being rocked a lot at Detroit airport on sofa-size women. Fluffy slippers. The bathrooms there were also worse than many "3rd world" airport steez. I speak of no seats on the thrones and body fluid left, right and centre.

"Unemployed, no reason to get dressed today" being employed on a City-wide, macro level?

Sounds like Detroit to me!

• My fiancee gives me shit for wearing hospital scrubs outside the house. Of course, the only time I really wear them out of the house is when I'm travelling (no belt at security check-yo!)

"Stop wearing PJs in public!" not taking into account that PJs for me is a pair of boxer shorts.

This is really just the next logical step after artists made velour track suits a fashion statement.