How We Used To Live

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
The Jive Turkey in Sheffield, some time in early 1988 by the look of the haircuts and the clothes. I went there a few times BITD. There'd be a night like this in just about any provincial UK city in those days, but The Jive Turkey was easily one of the best.

Anyone know what that tune playing during the jazz room sequence is? I used to hear it all over the place back then, but I can't remember the title - I think it may be Tania Maria, but I'm not certain.EDIT: Look out for George "Nightmares On Wax" Evelyn rhyming (badly) around the 3-minute mark.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Similar shouts to Decadance at the old Tower Theater on Westheimer in Houston, Texas.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    We used to come down to this from Newcastle back in the day, one of the best club nights I've been to...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Love this material...so much more vibes back then...

• Anyone know what that tune playing during the jazz room sequence is? I used to hear it all over the place back then, but I can't remember the title - I think it may be Tania Maria, but I'm not certain.

here you go...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Thank you! That's the one. I think I may actually have it on a compilation somewhere.