DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I'm about half-way done and I'm glad you shared this! Thanks

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    "What did Premo do that other producers didn't?" .... "He Dug" ... Perfect

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Great, thanks for posting. I need to go back to Uni if this is the stuff they are teaching nowadays...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm real jealous Mark Anthony Neal had the resources to put this together. Kudos.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    i watched most of this last week imma try to finish today...

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    A fun watch, but academic dudes talking about their top 5 isn't really that different from any three dudes talking about their top 5.

(Lupe Fiasco in top 5, though-- just wow.)

On a related note, Fashawn's supposedly remaking Illmatic. And he got Kweli doing AZ's part on "Life's A Bitch?"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'm about half-way done and I want to hang myself

• Professor James Peterson looks a lot like Donald Byrd.

And maybe a little Lord Finesse

• tecatetecate 73 Posts
    Professor James Peterson looks a lot like Donald Byrd.

And maybe a little Lord Finesse

"Professor" James Peterson says Lupe Fiasco is in the top 5 all time greatest and "better than":

-Rakim
    -LL

Hilarious.

He actually makes a point to say there are "88 chairs" available in that class and ponders why so few are taken.

You, James Paterson, fail in your own class.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Yawn

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm about half-way done and I want to hang myself

Seriously.

Except I would never invest 45 minutes of my time in reaching the halfway point. I watched about five minutes before my eyes glazed over.

"Legendary producer 9th Wonder"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm real jealous Mark Anthony Neal had the resources to put this together. Kudos.

What resources did he require, exactly? He just called up his somewhat clueless mans n'nem and booked an auditorium, as far as I can tell.

• tecatetecate 73 Posts

What resources did he require, exactly? He just called up his somewhat clueless mans n'nem and booked an auditorium, as far as I can tell.

Resources you ask? Did you not see legendary producer 9th Wonder with his laptop and bootlegged copy of 'Fruity Loops'?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Leave Hip Hop Alone?

Don't front. If you were in college, you'd be doing the same.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

As someone who works for a University in a tech dept. This is the norm now in most institutions of higher learning. Watching hundreds of students in older 500+ seat lecture halls all looking for power is kinda entertaining when there is only a couple of sockets.

As someone who works for a University in a tech dept. This is the norm now in most institutions of higher learning. Watching hundreds of students in older 500+ seat lecture halls all looking for power is kinda entertaining when there is only a couple of sockets.

In some newer classrooms, I hear they have wi-fi kill switches. I personally don't mind that my students bring laptops to lecture even though I know some of them aren't actually taking notes. That said, the wi-fi kill switch would sound fun, just to F*ck with folks.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

In some newer classrooms, I hear they have wi-fi kill switches. I personally don't mind that my students bring laptops to lecture even though I know some of them aren't actually taking notes. That said, the wi-fi kill switch would sound fun, just to F*ck with folks.

Students are smart tho. They will just tether off their cells nowadays. I know I would ha!

I wish we would do this tho. Some rooms have older IT infrastructure which hasn't been upgraded yet and when a shit load of students jump on a couple of access points it ain't great for the network.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i just cant see blondie rockin out to halftime im her dorm room.

• i just cant see blondie rockin out to halftime im her dorm room.

that's more or less what i was implying.

i dont see none of that row [or hoyt trustfunderson behind them] killin' anything off illmatic.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Black Eyed Peas on the other hand...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Fwiw - and I couldn't find much to respect in the presentation - I doubt the hall looks like this if the venue is at NYU, for instance, instead of Duke...