Meth, Ghost & Rae - Our Dreams

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
REALLY feeling this joint. Rik Cordero did a good job on the video as well. Looking forward to the album. What do ya'll folls think? ........

Comments

• Nice. Wu Massacre is it?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The video is better than the song.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the beat is lazy but i like the whole package

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I like the beat in the hook... if they woulda kept it hard like that thru out then the whole thing would be banging...

the rimes and topic is nice & rae ghost and meth always bring the goodness with their flows. Top quality video production, though not too sure what the plot of the clip is...but who cares...hot chicks with guns is always a winner!

• collectors edition covers
    for limited time only

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The beat sounds really really sloppy to me and no real play off the three collaborating together. Video's decent though.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The beat sounds really really sloppy to me and no real play off the three collaborating together. Video's decent though.

Agreed - these guys together on a decent beat are going to sound pretty good regardless but it is a bit sloppy.

A few years ago Meth was interviewed in a Swedish magazine. When the reporter called him up, Meth started chewing him out, just screaming at him and calling him an asshole and such for a few minutes.

After a while he paused and said something like: "Now you know how it feels when you journalists shit on me and give Ghost good reviews".

• drumsdrums 83 Posts
    I like the beat. I like how it starts just a little bit too early everytime after the chorus.

Don't get the video.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I can understand when RZA, or whoever, does a track that has the loop or sample off a bit (think "Shadow Boxing") but this is not the case. This really could have been a hot song, the concept for the track is ill. But, IMO, this is a miss. And the video is just a rip of the movie Seven.

Point blank, Wu will never get their hay day back again. The more they try, the older they get, the sillier they look & sound doing it. But, DAMN IT I want to like this! I still love'em though!!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    For what it's worth - there's a version of the song ft. alicia keys which is superior to the one above.

• Rik Cordero is one of the worst video directors ever. He's made teh same college project video 50 times in a row. I know a lot of people on here probably ride for dude and i don't think i've ever knocked anyone on this forum but i can't take him anymore.

And apparently rza did that beat. I heard snippets of the album which has apparently leaked and sounded very very good.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ^^^^
    that shit sounds great

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I likey.

Its sounds like they used the DJ Spinna Remix of 'Were Almost There' instead of the OG. The drums seem sharper.

Funny i saw that Massacre shit up in the DVD/CD/Phone Hook up spot today.

I dont know if i'd cop - but it seems like the only proper 'MJ Tribute' since money passed. Sympathetic Cop.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Agreed - these guys together on a decent beat are going to sound pretty good regardless but it is a bit sloppy.

A few years ago Meth was interviewed in a Swedish magazine. When the reporter called him up, Meth started chewing him out, just screaming at him and calling him an asshole and such for a few minutes.

After a while he paused and said something like: "Now you know how it feels when you journalists shit on me and give Ghost good reviews".

1) That doesn't even make sense

2) Maybe he should just try making a good album for once

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

1) That doesn't even make sense

2) Maybe he should just try making a good album for once

That dude is notoriously sensitive. Like Talib Kweli level sensitive.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Its sounds like they used the DJ Spinna Remix of 'Were Almost There' instead of the OG. The drums seem sharper.

Def sounds like the Spinna remix

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Wu-Massacre is a great album. I think I like it more than OB4CL 2. I'd be happy if the Wu-Tang Clan would be limited to those three dudes (+RZA). Standout cuts include Gunshowers and Pimpin Chipp (with Ghost rapping in the perspective as a prostitute).

I have to say though that Meth has lost a step or two with his lyrical skills.

Wu-Massacre is a great album.

here we go

1 to 10 please?

GREAT? or VERY GOOD?

ESSENTIAL?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Very, very sad about this beat.

Very, very sad about this beat.

"Great"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

here we go

1 to 10 please?

GREAT? or VERY GOOD?

ESSENTIAL?

Keep an eye on Pitchfork--for some reason, 95% of the rap they review is Wu-related.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

here we go

1 to 10 please?

GREAT? or VERY GOOD?

ESSENTIAL?

Keep an eye on Pitchfork--for some reason, 95% of the rap they review is Wu-related.
    Why Is That? (no krs)