Steve McQueen Dug Miles

willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• i like the looks of that portable he's got there... we all know steve mcqueen was hip but i think kind of blue was the best-selling jazz record of all time at the time the pic was taken.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What are some of those other records in the picture?

Atomic Basie

Is that an MJQ album at upper right?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    we all know steve mcqueen was hip

• I see 'Sketches of Spain'...

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

What are some of those other records in the picture?

Atomic Basie

assuming that's the one with the bomb explosion on cover? there's also the Sinatra/Basie LP.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I can make out a Modern Jazz Quartet on Atlantic, as well as a Jazztet LP on Argo.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I once saw a similar picture of O.J. Simpson from 1967, where he's got a portable rig similar to what McQueen's got...he's at home with his first-wife-to-be (not Nicole) and there's about three or four albums casually laying on the floor...haven't seen the pic in awhile, but from memory one of those elpees was The Fabulous Impressions.

• that is such a dope picture

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "Steve is a jazz lover ? he takes his portable stereo with him wherever he goes," Dominis wrote in his notes. Pictured: At the Palm Springs bungalow, McQueen puts on a record, with LPs by Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins, and Frank Sinatra and Count Basie scattered at his feet.[/b]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Steve is cool as hell no no way in hell does he get propers for likin Kind Of Blue.

But ill give him propers for hangin' w/ ...................

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Is he standing on a record in that shot? What part of the game is that?