Hanna Barbera cartoon music

MrFingazMrFingaz 64 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
does any body know who is responsible for the music behind hanna barbera cartoons? especially the Chan and the Chan Clan stuff. Are there any records with this stuff on it? let me know if you got any info!Here's one of my fav's... wait till about 1:23.

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I posted this same clip here a few years ago, asking about that same piece of music. It's obviously a library joint of some description, but nobody had any idea back then. Maybe you'll have better luck.

• Hey Doc,

I dig your loc:

Leo

• This does exist on vinyl. There was a box set on eBay years ago.. and I think it went for serious loot.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    sorry to thread hijack, but does anyone remember the cartoon Ulyses 31? the music in that was incredible. not the theme song, but during the actual episodes. greatness

• I loved watching Danger Island on the Banana Splits show, and that music always got me into the action more. All the Hanna Barbera music was top-notch great. The Man Called Flintstone soundtrack goes for huge money everytime I happen to see it on eBay.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Hey Doc,

I dig your loc:

Leo

Ha! I had a feeling I'd read it before. Please accept this animated gif by way of a small tribute.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    last time this was posted I suggested Hoyt Curtin

he composed a lot of music for HB
    including all the Jonny Quest cues

Danger Island was essentially a live-action Jonny Quest, and the music here is quite similar

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Without hearing the clip, there was an entire set of in-house HB library records (mentioned above) that I assume was all proprietary stuff and not licensed from outside sources.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    The Man Called Flintstone soundtrack goes for huge money everytime I happen to see it on eBay.

very m.o.r. tho isnt it?

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    sorry to thread hijack, but does anyone remember the cartoon Ulyses 31? the music in that was incredible. not the theme song, but during the actual episodes. greatness

definitely. those were french/japanese collaborations, written by jean chalopin (who also did Inspector Gadget, Mysterious Cities Of Gold and more recently, erm.. Spy Kids!) and animated in japan. Hence why Daft Punk tributed that whole look and feel in their cartoon movie of a couple of years ago.

edit - heres the score with the score

Most of the original soundtrack was composed by Denny Crockett and Ike Egan. 6 additional themes were composed by Shuki Levy and Haim Saban ("Pot pourri", "Final Glory", "Space Traffic", "Ulysse Meets Ulysse", "Mermaids", "Change of Time (Theme of Chronos)").

The Japanese version on the other hand, has a different soundtrack. The music was composed by Wakakusa Kei, who was responsible for the soundtrack in both the series and pilot that was produced in 1980. An official soundtrack was released in conjucture with the TV airing in 1988 by King Records, which also included a TV size version of the Japanese intro and outro songs.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts

i always thought go-go Gadget was overrated. Mysterious Cities of Gold, on the other hand is potentially a personal . a definite highlight of the primary school week