kamahl the abstract (australian diggin-r)

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
someone needs to start throwing these out... i can fill a crate in nearly every thrift store without even trying...

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    YES!

SO damn good.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    YES!

SO damn good.

actually thought you'd be the first to chip in... it's gotten worse A***, it's like there's only nana mouskuri, kamahl and james last left... that one shop pretty much only had those 3 artists...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    dont forget Charley Pride.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    and music of the greek isles

• Options
    More bowls!

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    you werent tempted to mint up on your copies sheep?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    There's an interesting subtext to that picture, which is; Kamahl must have sold a fuckload of records. From which I can only conclude that he now lives in luxury, wants for nothing and could care less that his back catalogue is now only good for landfill.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Is he like Australia's Andy Williams? Tom Jones? I'm intrigued for some reason.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    someone needs to start throwing these out... i can fill a crate in nearly every thrift store without even trying...

The Kamahl in London LP is the only one worth getting, and only cus the shit is cheap.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Damn, all regions has there own version of artists like this. Like Non said, Kamal must be like how Andy Williams, Tom Jones, and don't forget Neil Diamond, records are here in the states.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I have a photo from a few years back of my girl standing in front of a salvos window where they were displaying a brand NEW Kamahl CD! As in, a pryramid of like 20 copies! WTF! The material on the CD which was $20 or something was probably all available in the vinyl racks for a dollar a pop!

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    A guy next to me at Glebe fair told me he worked years ago for Kamahls record label. When the deadstock came back to the label Kamahl would buy it from the label for $1 then after gigs sign them and sell them for $10.

• I have a recurring nightmare about spending an afternoon diggin through a thrift shop finding nothing but crates upon crates filled with
    "The Elephant Song"...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    A guy next to me at Glebe fair told me he worked years ago for Kamahls record label. When the deadstock came back to the label Kamahl would buy it from the label for $1 then after gigs sign them and sell them for $10.

Apparently Daz Dillinger does something like this too, which probably makes Kamahl kinda gangsta.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Or Daz Dillinger records dollar bin op shop turds. It works both ways I think.

There's an interesting subtext to that picture, which is; Kamahl must have sold a fuckload of records. From which I can only conclude that he now lives in luxury, wants for nothing and could care less that his back catalogue is now only good for landfill.

He's got the gold plaques to prove it....

And he's got more ho's than Santa

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    I have a recurring nightmare about spending an afternoon diggin through a thrift shop finding nothing but crates upon crates filled with
    "The Elephant Song"...

HA HA Mr Tsang used that elephant song for one of his mixtapes a few years back.

"And now a song about elephants"

Cracks me up everytime i hear it.

I have a recurring nightmare about spending an afternoon diggin through a thrift shop finding nothing but crates upon crates filled with
    "The Elephant Song"...

HA HA Mr Tsang used that elephant song for one of his mixtapes a few years back.

"And now a song about elephants"

Cracks me up everytime i hear it.

The Herd should be flippin that sample....