Post Some New Tracks You've Made!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Hey,I decided to make an R&B joint since I haven't done so in a while. Here it is Love Song - Big Stacks and I hope y'all enjoy it!!!Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    lets connect politic ditto

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    American Style Cardboard - Pity Party

• Options
    American Style Cardboard - Pity Party

Production is fire!! I where can I get the instrumental?

b/w

Is this your newest project since the Detritus ep?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    the instrumental is on the ep. i just wanted to give it more dynamic.
    vocals are by my boy godforbid, who i take it you're not feeling? he's a supertalented writer, and a great vocal presence when he hits his stride. we're trying to make a rap record with a storytelling motif. we'll see what happens. there'll be some good guest appearences on the lp too, if we ever get it done.

heres another track we have done:

if anyone wants to lend their time to a remix, i'd be happy to send stems

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Hey,

I decided to make an R&B joint since I haven't done so in a while. Here it is Love Song - Big Stacks and I hope y'all enjoy it!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

nice one, luving those keyboard churchbells towards the end

my dear sister just turned 37, she wanted some homegrown stuff, so i made her this song

Upskiboo-thirtyseven by upskiboo

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Tom and Upskidoo, those were some nice tracks. I didn't know you were nice on the wheels like that, Tom!!! I'm a big fan of your work, as always, nice sampling, layering, and nuance. Yeah man, I had to pull out the old break on the R&B joint, but oh well. Upskidoo, thanks for the love on the track. Your beat has a unique meter and sound to it, quite atmospheric, with jazz leanings. It's a nice cool-out joint.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Trying to get this re recorded. Brodie did it in his kitchen with a string and a paper cup.

Jerkin By The Ocean (JBTO) by UpTown by Street Musik

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    the instrumental is on the ep. i just wanted to give it more dynamic.

vocals are by my boy godforbid, who i take it you're not feeling? he's a supertalented writer, and a great vocal presence when he hits his stride. we're trying to make a rap record with a storytelling motif. we'll see what happens. there'll be some good guest appearences on the lp too, if we ever get it done.

heres another track we have done:

thats definitely the kind of stuff i like, would love to have a go at the rmx!

Silvers Grin by thedlch

this is something i am still working on, it takes a while for the change up to come as it was bounced for my friend to write to

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    I don't know if any strutters listen to ambient type stuff, but here's something I did along with a video I made using NASA images.

Man Must Explore - Kaushik M. from kaushikm on Vimeo.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

I'm in.

Kaushik: Nice track, nice video, on a slight Radioactive Man "Goodnight Morton" vibe.

Delay: Big love.

Upskiboo: I really liked that. Nice soundscape.

Stacks: Old school, nice, but maybe it needs another element to really get it to the next level? Like a chord-progression or something, I don't know.

Street_muzik: I love the sound of the woodblock. What reverb is that? What sort of stuff do you produce with? All your beats sound good, even if I can't stand most of the vocals on them.

My head on the block:

Any feedback is welcomed.

• absoul85absoul85 64 Posts
    Cosmophonic, very nice track. Love that particular sound - do you have stuff with vocals too?

The American Style Cardboard joints were nice as well, realy well produced stuff.

Upskiboo with the 'k?benhavnerheat' good shit man, liked your tracks on that Jakob Med K compilation too.

here's a couple of my recent things. apologies in advance for the horrendous mixes.

Kellee Patterson - Turn on the light (Absoul 3 track edit edit) by Absoul

Velodrome Child by Absoul

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Street_muzik: I love the sound of the woodblock. What reverb is that? What sort of stuff do you produce with? All your beats sound good, even if I can't stand most of the vocals on them.

Thanks haha! Can't hate on that. The beats a few months old so I can't remember what reverb I used. I'll have to check the session.

I use an MPC3000, a TR-808, a Korg MS-2000, and various virtual instruments in Pro Tools. I try to keep it minimal.

TR-808

The real deal. I use the sounds all the time, but could never ever afford an OG machine.

My mate was telling me about a shop in Tokyo where they had a 808, 303 and 909 set up in the middle of the store, but not for sale. However, they'd let anyone mess around on them! He happily spent the next hour making acid.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    THANKS for the feedback fellas, stacks cosmo and absoul, im checking your tracks right now, nice man real nice!!!

this is still a work in progress, it is my tribute to a Mizell kind of disco/jazz fusion joint, the key solo (and clav work) was played by a good friend of mine

Dusty Disco Balls Cookie Dough mix 5 by thedlch

for those that dont get down with fairtilizer here is the soundcloud link

• Options
    ^^
    Reeeeeal nice. This is on some relative Trus'me/Linkwood type shit. Love it.

There's some femme vox in the first third that sounds lovely, but then disappears. Keep that shit interspersed throughout so that it doesn't sound too repetitive.

Sound is a bit murky as well (it's a work in progress after all), so I'm looking forward to a clear, high(ish) fidelity final piece. I would def cop on vinyl.

Nice job!

thanks heaps for the positive words! we are looking to get it pressed a little later this year, it has yet to be mastered and that one is a mix a friend of mine had just sent me back, which is still not the final mix, but i was real happy with how it was sounding so far so i thought i would share it around a little the fem vox is a modern thing so i was fairly cautious about using it in a way that is too recognizable, but will look into getting it in there a little more as i agree it needs something a little more "chorusy"