Weekend Finds

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Allentown 45 show stuff:Dave Hamilton ? Beatle Walk (Fortune)Young Holt Unlimited ? Hot Pants (Cotillion)Uptights ? You Gits None of This (Skye)Bobby Byrd ? Back From the Dead (International Brothers)Banbarra ? Shack Up (UA)C and the Shells ? Funky Tamborine (Zanzee)Winston Samuels and the Clintones ? Lets Get It On (Clintone)Soul Merchants ? For Wes (Weis)Poets ? Devil?s Den (Try Me)Calender ? Hypertension (Pi Kappa)Exciters ? Do-Wah-Diddy (UA)Fugi ? Mary Don?t Take Me On No Bad Trip (Cadet)Eskew Reeder ? Green Door (Minit)Muscle Shoals Horns ? Dance To the Music (Ariola)Heptones ? Book of Rules (Harry J)Everything is Everything ? Witchi Tai To (Vanguard Apostolic)Chad Mitchell- For What It?s Worth (Amy)The Poor ? She?s Got the Time (She?s Got the Changes) (York)The Poor ? Feelin? Down (Decca)Wool ? Combination of the Two (ABC)Merrell Fankhauser ? Tampa Run (Shamley)Rattles ? Devil?s On the Loose (London)Billy J Kramer ? 1941 (Epic)Tigers ? GeeTo Tiger (Colpix)Plus, on the HookUp's (I think) reccomendation I grabbed a copy of the LLoyd Green album with 'Steel Blue' on it (though it seems to be mislabeled)

Comments

• minimini 879 Posts

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i hope that Black Ivory is better than that Black Satin.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    thats a true trekzak skel
    a beauty

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Next step: learn to play it.

What do you recommend Jef?

Pirate sea shanty moves or the full Parisienne garlic n onions beret steeze?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Next step: learn to play it.

What do you recommend Jef?

Pirate sea shanty moves or the full Parisienne garlic n onions beret steeze?

Kay-john!!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    i'd say johnny meyer meets herman brood

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Chad Mitchell- For What It?s Worth (Amy)

The album this is pulled from has a cabaret-folk-pop version of
    H.P. Lovecraft's "White Ship" and is worth picking up, although only on the cheap.

• Chad Mitchell- For What It?s Worth (Amy)

The album this is pulled from has a cabaret-folk-pop version of
    H.P. Lovecraft's "White Ship" and is worth picking up, although only on the cheap.

I'd love to know who was playing guitar on this 45. Mitchell's performance doesn't amount to much, but the guitar is nuts.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I know the LP has some vague credits on it, one of the reasons I grabbed it. I want to say Wrecking Crew dudes but I'm a vegetable so let's just wait until I see it in my stacks again and I'll check

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Eh Rock, are they all keepers?? Mainly the Black Grass and The Midnight Movers. PM me if you're letting them go.

Eh Rock, are they all keepers?? Mainly the Black Grass and The Midnight Movers. PM me if you're letting them go.

Midnight Movers might be a keeper....send me a trade offer for the Bascomb.

Made one stop on the way home today.....picked up 90 45's @ 3 for a buck........here's some of them.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

I've had a crush on Jan for awhile now, she's quite fetching. There's an even better pic on
    the back cover right?

Had another great day at the bi-annual record show I put on here in Seattle, as per usual
    I left my camera at home so I can only show pics of what I found not the event itself.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    rock...you have a value on that Gee Gee Shin LP? Ive had a sealed one now for awhile, been waiting to break the seal on it until I find out if it is something I should sell...Ive heard it, but if it is worth some loot sealed, I would rather part with it...

• Last couple of days, all for under 2 ?.

The one in the top left corner is, if you're wondering, quite good, Latvian electro-pop.
    The Ike and Tina joint is completely molded up to the point of a potential health risk, but the record is fine.

rock...you have a value on that Gee Gee Shin LP? Ive had a sealed one now for awhile, been waiting to break the seal on it until I find out if it is something I should sell...Ive heard it, but if it is worth some loot sealed, I would rather part with it...

LOL...that copy I found is sealed too......I'll crack it open this week and let you know......it was a $5.00 find.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few finds from the past week. Except for the 2 Christopher David's and the Terry Callier, thanks TripleDouble!!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    you hear anything worthwhile on the FIST stk?
    i listened to it and shrugged it off years ago.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    craziest Monday ever! got a call from a guy who says he has about 1,000 LPs he played once and stored away. i came home with the following...

nuttiest thing was all the Bo Diddley and Hank Ballard LPs look as if they have never been touched. some with price stickers still. he wouldn't sell me a few things but called me an hour later saying i can come buy them Thursday so....

creepiest record ever award goes to....

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    NICE!

realworldfinds. some cover condition issues (19th whole pretty much needs to be thrown out), but clean vinyl.

also got a big youth live sunsplash album, bohannon stop n go, couple randomraps which soulstrut doesnt care about and some good michael wycoff, donald byrd, toto 12s

not really feeling the don cunningham

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    couple randomraps which soulstrut doesnt care about

i care

PM me

lol.i shoulda said, "except nobby"

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Not really field finds, but some "New Arrivals" / longtime wants shit I'm super excited about:

The Michi's are mint and bangin'!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Been forever since I found any decent reggae in the field...
    Today that changed, mint Jamaican Augustus Pablo lp's for $8 a pop?
    Yes please.

Upper left is Strength and Unity V/A-Morwells and related artists and the 12"s are Johnny Clarke and King Kong, both Bunny Lee produced. Especially stoked about the J. Clarke b-side on the "Black Roses" rhythm.