Does Anyone Here Use Last.FM?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Just curious if this is a SS-approved site.... I have never used it -- but I see peeps going wild over it on the Internets. Enlighten me.

Comments

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I occasionally use it on my Xbox. One thing I like about it is that you can install software that tracks your music listening on your computer (and I believe your iPod). It then "scrobbles" the tracks you've played ... basically it adds them to your Last.fm library (assuming they can be found). So you don't have to do a lot of work to get a personalized collection. And, like most of these services, it's a pretty handy tool for checking out new music (though obviously it has its limitations ... you aren't going to be exposed to Brazilian raer).

It is what it is. I still listen to my records more than anything else, but Last.fm is a nice option to have.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I use it. I check it maybe once a week if that. I've been a member since 2005 so cool to see how many songs you've listened to or "scrobbled" since signing up. It's kind of a social-networking site. But yeah, don't expect anything too special.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i use it, username: edulus. basically just to see what my friends have been listening to.

• i like the interface of blip.fm a bit better. Folks from the strut are on there as well.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    we tried to start a soulstrut group on there a few years back which never really took off. I don't use it anymore.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Still have it installed as a plugin to record the music I play on winamp. Also works with Spotify so I have it installed for that as well. Don't actually use it for recommendations though, just for pointless logging of my tastes. Junior4life if anyone else is still on there.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    The main benefit was letting me know that I listen to Chip tha Ripper too much.