Cuernavaca Mexico

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Spent three hours going through a record store filled with Norteno records and left without a thing today. Then I sat in the Zocalo and watched kids breakdance. Kinda awesome sorta day.Need more entertainment.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    need pix bro

j/k

have fun down there! be safe!

I gotta say, I had the best vacation of my life down in the Yucatan...Akumal / Tulum this past winter, and I didn't even attempt to look for records

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Pictures coming soon.

I'm down here for a minute, so I'm lazily hitting any and all record spots.

Finally found a good bar tonight even though it's named Penny Lane.

More reports to come.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Pictures coming soon.

I'm down here for a minute, so I'm lazily hitting any and all record spots.

Finally found a good bar tonight even though it's named Penny Lane.

More reports to come.

Plaese to post crazy pictures. Thank you.

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    I lived in Cuernavaca for a while when i was very young, been back a couple of times since but never as an adult (or record hunter) as it's been a little too expensive for me to get over there from the UK. I LOVE THAT PLACE

I went to see the Spring Equinox at the Temple of the Sun in Teotihuacan this past weekend.
    Besides just wanting to see the pyramids, there's a huge back to Indian roots movement here and all the people travel from far and wide. Apparently, it's prime time to take in all the energy from the sun and that's why people are holding their hands up in the pictures. They were much more interesting to take photos of then the pyramids themselves.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    need pix bro

j/k

have fun down there! be safe!

I gotta say, I had the best vacation of my life down in the Yucatan...Akumal / Tulum this past winter, and I didn't even attempt to look for records

Akumal is my shit. My holmeses has a spot on the beach right across the highway from the town.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I climbed up that as a kid. One of the coolest experiences ever.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    If you're hoteling it and feel like splurgin a little, Las Mananitas is the SHIT. Been twice, sooooo beautiful and relaxing. Might be worth it just to go for dinner even...

http://www.lasmananitas.com.mx/index.php

The Mexican Popemobile

More Updates to come.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Great pics. Damn I miss mexico.

You gonna make it out to that record spot in Puebla?

Great pics. Damn I miss mexico.

You gonna make it out to that record spot in Puebla?

I told you to come down, man.

Hopefully, I'll make it out to Puebla. You made it sound rather promising though I'm still not sure how far it is by bus.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I spent 3 months in Cuernavaca back in 1999. That's a beautiful place. I remember seeing a record store not far from the zocalo that was packed full of records. I was pretty fascinated by it actually. I started really getting into digging a couple months after returning to the states. I still regret not going in there. Being over 10 years now, who knows if it's still there. I was actually sitting in a small travel agency, and I could see all the records in the window. It may have been on the second floor of the building. Anyways... enjoy it. I'd like to get back.

I took a bus to Puebla... don't remember how long, but it's do-able.

SS factoid: Selma grew up in Cuernavaca

I found and killed a scorpion under my bed yesterday.

Not. Cool.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I watched The Magnificent Seven last week for the third time and I realized that this was filmed here. One of these days I'll leave the West Coast for once in my life and visit other countries like normal people seem to do

I watched The Magnificent Seven last week for the third time and I realized that this was filmed here. One of these days I'll leave the West Coast for once in my life and visit other countries like normal people seem to do

No shit? I didn't know that. Actually I don't know much about this city besides this is the place Charles Mingus died.

My last night here and Narco Gangsters have threatened to go on a killing spree and said for everyone to stay indoors past 8PM. Supposed to be some inter-Narco War or something. It's spooky dead quite out in town that's constantly filled with noise. They already found one body.... in numerous pieces tonight. Daylight can't come fast enough.

Some more pictures and a couple words wrapping up my experiences in Mexico.

Mexican records to be uploaded soon.
    www.bayoucitysoul.com

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    My last night here and Narco Gangsters have threatened to go on a killing spree and said for everyone to stay indoors past 8PM. Supposed to be some inter-Narco War or something. It's spooky dead quite out in town that's constantly filled with noise. They already found one body.... in numerous pieces tonight. Daylight can't come fast enough.

Fuck that, so sad. Quite far south for this no?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    There were people hanged off the bridges in Cuernavaca recently. When I saw Pointman's post, I actually thought that's what he was talking about in it. Glad you're safe B!

There were people hanged off the bridges in Cuernavaca recently. When I saw Pointman's post, I actually thought that's what he was talking about in it. Glad you're safe B!

I wasn't talking about the hanging but that did happen about a mile from my place while I was there.

Fuck that, so sad. Quite far south for this no?

In the past, it's been more violent in Houston than central Mexico. But the Narco Kingpin of the state of Morelos (Cuernavaca is the capital) was killed by the federales in January and everyone is vying for control now.

post more mexi picz please. n. dallas office life is depressing me at the moment.

post more mexi picz please. n. dallas office life is depressing me at the moment.

You know I was asking our boy W** why you're not on Facebook so I can publicly berate you the other day.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts

You know I was asking our boy W** why you're not on Facebook so I can publicly berate you the other day.

I'm always telling him things, and he's like, "How do you know that?"....

Facebook! I fucking read it on facebook!

He wont give it up...dude never had a friendster, a myspace...nothing.

The only way to publicly berate him in the cybernet is Soul Strut.

I'm always telling him things, and he's like, "How do you know that?"....

Facebook! I fucking read it on facebook!

He wont give it up...dude never had a friendster, a myspace...nothing.

The only way to publicly berate him in the cybernet is Soul Strut.

Rerog "checks in" on Four Square the second he enters Big Lots. Handheld social media is his life.

PS. come over and drink on my patio after work. I know it's Tuesday.