Las Vegas Redux

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Sadly, the recent LV thread appears to be a casualty of the crash, so here's what I would have added to it:I'm going to be in Vegas from March 19-28. I'd down to trade, buy, and have a drink. Any strutters who want to connect, send a note to dannoatwork at gmail.com. Isn't there some famous Vegas record store with lots of heat at ridiculous prices? I want to go there.Is there any night that I really shouldn't miss? This is more of a get up early and do silly things in Red Rock trip, but I occasionaly like to, you know, party. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, so if anybody wants me to bring trades, now's the time to speak up!Dan

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Talk to Spidey he's got his finger on the pulse of shit out there. The Griffin has some cool nights as does the beauty bar
    when you coming back to LA?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yes my hermana is in need of this as well
    eats and strutter spinnings

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Talk to Spidey he's got his finger on the pulse of shit out there. The Griffin has some cool nights as does the beauty bar
    when you coming back to LA?

Not soon enough! Meet me in Vegas!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I spun Latin music all last night yesterday actually, and I just dragged myself out of a strip club a few hours ago.

Extremely hungover... with a bruised rib however, I'm down to hang out and do the record thing this weekend brotha.

I'll shoot you my number, I know where all the records are.

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    yes my hermana is in need of this as well
    eats and strutter spinnings

Me and Phoreyz spun yesterday I believe. Rex Dart, and DJ Aurajin will be holding down the back room of the Griffin tonight and Saturday downtown.

Here's the old food spot posts:

Bottomfeeder (Kilowatt bros. from Vegas): If you like Indian food try Ghandis on Paradise and Flamingo. Thai Food - Komol on Sahara in the commercial center or Lotus in the same center. If you doin frozen custard go to Luv-it on oakey and Las Vegas Blvd. Hamburgers at Kilroys. Sienna Deli on tropicana and eastern- Great italian deli!!

As far as bars go.... I like the Griffin when its not too packed. Sidebar in Downtown is really cool if they dont have a dj there (say hi to Adina for me). If you really wanna get your hands dirty, check out coachmens on desert inn and eastern. Ray is the bartender and he plays 70s/80s funk music all night. But dont expect luxurious treatment (Steak sandwich is great).

G_Balliando: I don't know if you're trying to do buffets, but I just went to the Cravings buffet at the Mirage in January and ate for 2 and a half hours, and it was awesome. I also ate at Mesa grill, decent. Overpriced, but the food was good. I had the duck with the sausage/goat cheese tamale. Not bad. I've heard crazy good review on Fleur De Lys (Hubert Keller's restaurant - I think they have one in SF?), but don't go to Burger Bar, that place was lame. If you go to Fleur, prepare to spend. Prix Fix is probably the way to go if you're trying not to go crazy with cash.

And the Encore is pretty bad ass, have a good time!

BigSpliff: La Mexicana on S Decatur and Twain is the bomb if you have wheels.

SPIDEY:

The City Center is the best place to get blazed and go exploring at 2 in the morning. Make your way up the Mandarin Oriental bar for a great view of the strip. Also, Go to the Tram that takes you from Aria to Crystals, and check out the amazing piece by Doze Green!

Quote:

If you like Indian food try Ghandis on Paradise and Flamingo.

Quote:

Thai Food - Komol on Sahara in the commercial center or Lotus in the same center.

Personally, I prefer Lotus of Siam actually.

Quote:

If you doin frozen custard go to Luv-it on oakey and Las Vegas Blvd.

Luv-it is a MUST!

Quote:

Firefly on Paradise if you like tapas

Absolutely the best place to get fucked up on Sangria.

Quote:

If you looking for records hit me up. I got stuff for sale and I know a guy who sells really good stuff too.

I'll agree here as well. But if you feel like thumbing it, old fashion there's a purple record city right off of paradise and sahara.. that's an old staple.

I will add to the list:

Double down saloon - Gully punk rock bar. Grimey ass juice. Wonderful ambience.

Couple blocks north of Tropicana and Paradise near the Hard Rock.

Ichiza - Cheap Japanese food and Sake.

Just pass China town upstairs @ Spring mountain and Arville.

Los Tacos - Bombass Daytime Mexican food. Most people will reccomend Roberto's here, but I like Los Tacos.

Charleston and Spencer.

Fatburger and a Slurpee - my personal meal d'jour.

Mom says try that fancy French buffet at the Paris.

Plus you got all the Celebrity chefs if you gotta few bucks to spend..

Mario Batali's Carnevino @ Palazzo also his B&B @ Venetian

Emeril Lagasse's Table 10 @ Palazzo

Bobby Flay' Mesa Grill @ Ceasar's palace

(if you end up walking through The Forum shops stop by and visit Haley or Trevor or Julie and mention me: (Diego) @ Vosge's chocolates to get the Chocolate Hookup!)

Chef Yoshinori Nakazawa's Shibuya @ MGM

Thomas Keller's Bouchon @ Venetian

Todd English's Olives @ Bellagio

blah blah blah..

- spidey

If you're staying at the Red Rock. Go across the street to Bj's restaraunt, and order a bigass pizza and check out the local brews.

Aint too bad.

- spidey

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thank you so much

• you still got my number? If not, PM me.