NEED INFO ON EAST COAST VINYL PRESSING PLAESE

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Hey folls-In the last thread dealing with record pressing and sampling related issues, dudes came with the nice info on certain pressing plants that don't give a damn about if you cleared samples on your project or not. Only thing is all of the spots mentioned were on the west coast. Anybody got some east coast recommendations? I'm not trying to get caught up in one of those horror stories where they take your deposit then pull the old "hey, you have uncleared samples on this so we're gonna keep your money and not finish pressing your vinyls" okey-doke. If that happens it WILL turn into some ski-mask-way sh*t, and I don't need that in my life right now. I already know a few spots, just trying to make sure all my bases are covered (and that I get the nicest price possible). If ya know, let a brotha know. Thanks in advance, you soulstrut dudes are the GREATEST!!!!

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Oh, and by the way... is Universal officially done pressing vinyl?

• Does Detroit count as East Coast or Midwest?

Try Archer in Detroit... they'll press anything.

SONIC

• Archer in Detroit

Here's one more vote for Archer.
    Awesome quality, customer service, value, and lack of concern for sample clearance.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    No problems at Mus-I-Col in Columbus, OH for us.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Yeah but they're 7"s will cut your fingers off!

Hub Servall still rocking Phil or are they sticklers for samples too?

Anybody ever use United Record Pressing in Nashville, Tennessee (yoigotbeats maybe?)? They've got the best price I've seen so far on the eastside for 1000 12"s, about $1700.

Yeah but they're 7"s will cut your fingers off!

Hmmm... good question. I've heard of them but haven't spoken personally to anyone who uses them. That would probably be the best (and closest) option. I will definitely look into that one.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Anybody ever use United Record Pressing in Nashville, Tennessee (yoigotbeats maybe?)? They've got the best price I've seen so far on the eastside for 1000 12"s, about $1700.

I've heard nothing but positive things about them, in all respects

• i know you are going to let SStrutters get first dibs on these records right?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

I've heard nothing but positive things about them, in all respects

No, no, no. Not if there's any kind of samples involved but yes, they are one of the cheapest and paradoxically have the finest vinyl.
    But if they smell even a hint of a sample it's over.
    I've been looking toward Hub myself (plus being able to pick up the vinyl is a major plus).
    Not a lot of options here on the east.

And Phil, if you could PM me over any leads you come across in the future I'd appreciate it.

i know you are going to let SStrutters get first dibs on these records right?

YES!!!! Enough to go around (hopefully). So plaese, no fighting over them.

Here's an early draft of the label for the 1st release on World Of Beats Records[/b], just so y'all can see what it is that's got me asking all these record pressing related questions-

COMING SOON!!!!

damn you rappin again on this thing Phill??

damn you rappin again on this thing Phill??

Naw, just providing the beats on this one.

And Phil, if you could PM me over any leads you come across in the future I'd appreciate it.

Quo, I'll let you know if I come up with something else. Have you talked to anybody at Hub Servall yourself? Looks like they might be in the $1600 range for 1000 12"s, but I'm gonna see exactly what they're talking about today.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i use MMS direct here in toronto.

they do a really really damn good job... and im pretty sure they could care less about samples..

www.mmsdirect.com

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Hmmm... good question. I've heard of them but haven't spoken personally to anyone who uses them. That would probably be the best (and closest) option. I will definitely look into that one.

Warren at Mus-I-Col is the nicest guy in the world. You are asked to fill out their Manditory Indemnification Agreement stating you are not using material protected under copyright. I suggest you do that, then stop worrying *wink wink*. Everything will be fine with Mus-I-Col. Quick turn around, quality, nice folks, test presses to insure everything is good, printing on labels looks great, etc. And their 7"s have never even scratched my fingers?

Online quote:

www.musicolrecording.com

Phil, G.U.N., first side first song = "Down." Wasn't your Leo Sayer beat-off track called "Down" as well? Coincidence?

Phil, G.U.N., first side first song = "Down." Wasn't your Leo Sayer beat-off track called "Down" as well? Coincidence?

Nope... same track! My boys laced it nicely, too. So I guess maybe I gotta put Soulstrut on the credits for that track, huh?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Nope... same track! My boys laced it nicely, too. So I guess maybe I gotta put Soulstrut on the credits for that track, huh?

Did your dudes use your rhymes about soulstrut? I assume they came up with verses of their own. It'd be nice to hear them both back-to-back (hint).

i use MMS direct here in toronto.

they do a really really damn good job... and im pretty sure they could care less about samples..

www.mmsdirect.com

Maaaaan... their prices for 1000 12"s with full color custom jackets ($2175)[/b] seems to good to be true! Hope there isn't some kind of catch involved (there usually is when something seems too good to be true). As long as they don't murder me on shipping, I think I'm gonna have to go with these dudes. I wonder do they just have an office in NY or do they press in NY too? Good lookin' on that one, Dubious!

Did your dudes use your rhymes about soulstrut? I assume they came up with verses of their own. It'd be nice to hear them both back-to-back (hint).

Nah, they never even heard my version of it. They did their own thing with it, just talking about the pressures of dealing with real life while trying to make it in the rap biz, trying not to fall "down".
    Sample lyrics: "(But I don't wanna... fall down) And fade to black, but I gotta face the fact at Wheeling (Down) / Racetrack, tryin' to pay it back, I place a stack (down) / 'cuz these rhymes ain't gettin' the bills paid, I get (down) / with the crill way, it's real today, cutty, I cook it (down) / to narcotic byproducts, my God, it's comin' (down) / to this now, shit is foul, see Spingoli kickin' (down) / the front door to the crib, I'm wantin' more for my kids (but I don't wanna.... fall down)". Don't worry, you will hear it here on Soulstrut first!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    man, those lyrics are

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Quo, I'll let you know if I come up with something else. Have you talked to anybody at Hub Servall yourself? Looks like they might be in the $1600 range for 1000 12"s, but I'm gonna see exactly what they're talking about today.

Mmmm, they went up a bit. I belive it was $1200 w/ jackets & shrink two years ago.

Maaaaan... their prices for 1000 12"s with full color custom jackets ($2175) seems to good to be true!

That's pretty nice, just really grill them about any mystery import taxes or whatnot. I remember selling my MPC60 to a kid in Canada years ago and he had to pay about $400 in some duty fee.

Anybody deal with Rainbo?
    Quality & price are good but I've heard many different stories.

yep, the label I'm on Galapagos4 does everything through Rainbo, we have a longstanding relationship with them, and they're really good to you after a while... they come reccomended indeed.

howler

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Ah, thanks Meaty. That's what I'm talking about.
    Saw a Mr. Dibbs 7" that was made there and I was impressed with the quality.
    So I'm assuming one could squeak by with the samples, eh?
    Looks like that's my next press stop.

And to cap off this post,knowing that Phill will appreciate this, I leave you with the fine work of a cell phone hacker (Vida Guerra nekkid related)....

!!!!!!!!!!NOT WORK SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!

http://jrofosho.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=604&mode=previous

yeah, it seems like they don't care about samples too much... though if its super obvious stuff you're using, almost any pressing plant will get shook and might not let you press it. I've never heard of any plant holding the money for a record they wouldnt press for sample clearance purposes... that seems downright shifty.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!YYOWWWWWW!!!!!THERE IS A GOD

this link is going to cause alot of dead spermies today, and for the remainder of the week.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    I've never heard of any plant holding the money for a record they wouldnt press for sample clearance purposes... that seems downright shifty.

i've heard stories before....it's pretty true. the thing is, does anyone want to take a chance with this? but you never know.

Get at me if you want to know about the spot I dealt for my 12" in New Jersey. I will keep their name private, so no fools on the wrong end will read this and go report them or notin. But for 1000 records finely pressed with one color, one ink, with 5 test pressings and die-cut jackets, you pay 1899.00 plus shipping. And they've been around, so they know whats up.

respect.