F*ck southwest.

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Is it that hard to asssign seats in this bitch?If I want to ride the goddamn rtd to Austin I woulda done so.Christ

Comments

• What comes next, ist plane going to kneeldown and load up someones bycicle on the front of the plane???!

It's f*cking ht in here!!! Turn on the air goddamit

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    LOL.

I just too SW from Burbank to Oakland. Breezy like a dream. No hate here.

That said, I have no idea why they don't just assign seats like a normal f*cking airline. Their whole "line up by letter and number" is beyond ridiculous.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    southwest and i have a love/hate relationship

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Southwest is fun! My favorite part is when they let the nuts slide down during liftoff. *PASUE*

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    It's "South by" if you are going to shorten it. You ain't from around here are you?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    It's "South by" if you are going to shorten it. You ain't from around here are you?

that annoys me. that and "acl" in place of austin city limits. i don't know anyone who called it that before i left austin around 2000.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    THANK YOU. You don't have assigned seats, great, very liberating, THEN WHY DO WE NEED TO LINE UP BY LETTER AND NUMBER.

I hadn't ridden SW since Virgin America started, but I flew them to San Antonio and was like WTF is this number bullshit?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I would NEVER fly on Southwest airlines.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    LOL.

My gf takes that same flight, lol. I love dropping her in Burbank opposed to LAX.

I quit flying.

• Just got off that hellhole and didn't see one mention of "southby" inthis tread, am I missing something or is this classic soulstrut reading
    comprehension

• Actually, what the he'll are you guystalking about?

B/w

See y'all at southby tonight!

• Southwest airlines you numbnuts

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Forcing airline passengers to make social decisions about where/who to sit with was one of the worst looks the deformed airline industry has ever seen.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    LOL.

That said, I have no idea why they don't just assign seats like a normal f*cking airline. Their whole "line up by letter and number" is beyond ridiculous.

isnt their business model based on overbooking?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    See, here's the thing: Pre-2001 Southwest was absolutely UNBEATABLE. Their prices were rock bottom esp. in comparison to other airlines and their flights were not that crowded. I remember flying with my family on Southwest as a kid and it was RAD. They even had the 4x seats that would face each other, train style.

Post 9/11 they were pretty much the ONLY airline other than JetBlue (who still cannot manage to fly to a number of essential places) who had any kind of decent reputation, and their business continued to grow (bolstered by the fact that pre-2001 they bought like 5x more fuel credits than any other airline, basically banking on oil prices skyrocketing).

Consequently, their flights got RAMPED, and they have no competition. It's basically the only airline I fly because everything else sucks or is too expensive, and pretty much everyone I know feels that way. Cross-country JetBlue or Virgin is the way to go though.

In the end though dude, you know Southwest crushes Delta/United/American/whatever. All of them can go eat a d*ck for the hours and days of delays and incompetence.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    LOL.

It is. Therefore, if you are traveling right before the major holidays and don't need to get somewhere urgently, if you show up early enough and pay attention you can usually get your whole flight refunded plus $200 flight credit for a delay of about 4 hours. I have lucked out with this multiple times and it's kind of awesome to make money just sitting at an airport and drinking.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    LOL.

It is. Therefore, if you are traveling right before the major holidays and don't need to get somewhere urgently, if you show up early enough and pay attention you can usually get your whole flight refunded plus $200 flight credit for a delay of about 4 hours. I have lucked out with this multiple times and it's kind of awesome to make money just sitting at an airport and drinking.

Cross-country record buying trip, let's go!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    See, here's the thing: Pre-2001 Southwest was absolutely UNBEATABLE. Their prices were rock bottom esp. in comparison to other airlines and their flights were not that crowded. I remember flying with my family on Southwest as a kid and it was RAD. They even had the 4x seats that would face each other, train style.

Post 9/11 they were pretty much the ONLY airline other than JetBlue (who still cannot manage to fly to a number of essential places) who had any kind of decent reputation, and their business continued to grow (bolstered by the fact that pre-2001 they bought like 5x more fuel credits than any other airline, basically banking on oil prices skyrocketing).

Consequently, their flights got RAMPED, and they have no competition. It's basically the only airline I fly because everything else sucks or is too expensive, and pretty much everyone I know feels that way. Cross-country JetBlue or Virgin is the way to go though.

In the end though dude, you know Southwest crushes Delta/United/American/whatever. All of them can go eat a d*ck for the hours and days of delays and incompetence.

beyond cosign
    just booked RT to PHX
    holla AZ heads

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Cross-country record buying trip, let's go!

I'm down for this, when u wanna go? Late April maybe?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Southwest is cool. But the seating and placing people's baggage in the overhead bins can get rather hectic for the last passengers coming on board. That shit is pretty entertaining, as long as you got your seat and your shit is packed in (ayo).

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    southwest and i have a love/hate relationship
    here, here!!