Nerd Rap (cringeworthy r)

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Just got sent the press release about this. This clip was done by this 'neuro marketing' company which we actually did a story on at work a few weeks back. They are working w ppl like Nielsen etc.Good for a laugh but one thing that is bugging me out is the actual vocals for the clip. Its obviously not dont by the dude dancing round in the clip, and I swear it sounds like Nas to me (or a really good Nas impersonator).

Comments

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I can see a couple strutters rocking out to this.

At least it's better than this:

• I take it you were trying to be funny w/ the Nas comment. Sounds like Simon Rex rapping to me (aka Dirt Nasty).

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I take it you were trying to be funny w/ the Nas comment. Sounds like Simon Rex rapping to me (aka Dirt Nasty).

Not so much trying to be funny, more curious, cus the flow and voice have some heavy traces of Nas to me, even the song name- perhaps a play on Nas' Dr Knockboots?

Im just wondering they hired a 'proper' rapper to write the rimes and spit it, to make it sound half decent? (disclaimer I aint saying this is dope HIP HOP just that its better than most other rap mimicking attempts)

Part of me thinks perhaps Nas did it himself, trying to raise that alimony money