Hong Kong... break-it-down!

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
CALLING ALL STRUTTERS WHO'VE BEEN TO HK...So,I'm going to Hong Kong to visit the hommie Kenny in November... I know Kenny's gunna hook up the fat tour, but I'm checking in with the SoulStrut massive for any further recommendations re: food, sightseeing, records, shopping, hookers etc.I wanna know what I must see. What I must try. Where I should shit.Also, what's hot to buy out there? Are electronics and clothes still MAD cheaper over there than everywhere else? I might hold off buying a digital camera and PSP and wait till I get there??Thanks ya'll!B

Comments

• if youre gonna buy any electronics or goods over $50 usd, make sure you bring kenny or some local dude to do the haggling because THEY WILL WORK YOU SON.

the food is SO DELICIOUS but, again, go with someone that knows. HK island is much more expensive than the kowloon side but it aint any better. well, i take that back. all the hot honger females hang out at the malls on the HK side and that's always nice.

as far as records, i didnt see a single one. but, i was with my lady at the time so it wasnt like i was looking too hard for records.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Mong Kok is where it's at for me..............curry fish balls, sneakers, lady street, bird street, bootleg dvd complexes.......everything good about the commonfolk experience, all there.

or if you're feeling gutter, you can go visit Shum Shui Po.

mother cake up in Yuen Long is a trek, but worth it.

seafood is key, that's what you should be eating the most.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    BIG CHAN WHERE YA AT! I WANT TO HEAR THE MOVIE THEATER STORY!!!!

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i'm very bad at haggling prices.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Do you still have to haggling prices if you are buying stuff at Shamshuipo? Those custom-configured laptops are the cheapest laptop computers I have seen anywhere in the world. And yes. SSP is the spot to get PSP.

As for sneakers...Mongkok is the spot (but haven't been there for ages 'cos I got stuff straight from Mainland China's plants these days).

• wihlsunwihlsun 63 Posts
    HK island is much more expensive than the kowloon side but it aint any better. well, i take that back. all the hot honger females hang out at the malls on the HK side and that's always nice.

true!