Stealing Records at Fairs

DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
I had a bit of an incident at the Melbourne fair where A guy tried to steal $200 worth of psych records from me. I slapped him (open hand) in the side of the head and took his bag from him. He had $200 worth of other dealers stuff as well which I returned. The funny thing was he came back with a friend and wanted his bag back I kind of lost it and threatened to hospitalize both of them. I am 115kg and 188cm and train martial arts twice a week so they both realised from my demeanor I was for real and left.I later found that the guy had his empty wallet in the bag which contained his licence and credit cards. I just gave it to the organizer but i should have scanned his credit and got $200 off the prick as compensation for the stress it caused me.I know I have lost a few records to shoplifters over the years and can handle that but not in this quantity. It took a lot of self control to just slap the dude. My hand was a split second away from forming a fist and I had his earhole lined up for an open handed burst eardrum but pulled it away at the last moment and got the side of his facePlease share your shoplifting stories

Comments

• Options
    Nice.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    i read 115kg as 115lbs & thought you were a stick lol
    i can't believe some dudes & their thievery. makes me sick.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I'm setting up next to you at Glebe!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    115kg and 188cm

Use real numbers plz

115kg and 188cm

Use real numbers plz

"The Metric system is the tool of the devil!"

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    115kg and 188cm

Use real numbers plz

"The Metric system is the tool of the devil!"

A quick conversion is I am around 250lbs and 6ft 2" tall. I am generally a nice guy but dont try to steal my f*cking records...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I got the bartab anytime you are in Amsterdam

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    at the paris fair the algerians have a bad rep

May take you up on that offer

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    word 'em up WubWub, I was wondering about "recordlifters" at this fair we're putting on in April... might need to hire some lads to keep an eye out as it's a part hip-hop, part funk fair...

good on ya' for smackin' em... feel free to holla in Brissy if anyone gives you any cheek matey... you kinda murdered it at the fair, brought that "american" type of quality down under... good work man, people are praising you for saving it....

peace.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    115kg and 188cm

Use real numbers plz

You Rick Sanchez now? (go one minute in).

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    cocaine's a hell of a drug

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    train martial arts twice a week

Shouldn't this remedy any anger issues?

May take you up on that offer

Do It.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Is anger towards someone jacking your schitt ever "remedied?"

Should it be?

• GeniusGenius 10 Posts

Please share your shoplifting stories

So this one time I'd say I had about $200 of records slipped in my bag at this record fair...

I always think it must be so hard to steal records. They're so big. I mean, people aren't shoving the things up their shirt, are they?

I remmeber a well-known Sydney guy was banned from severals tores down here when he was caught in Good Groove stealing a bunch of 45s. Got banned from all the fairs too. Dude couldn't dig in this town for years!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Good on ya... Stealing records is a dog act, especially down under were the digging fraternity is quite small and most ppl know each other. I mean its not some mainstream product anybody would steal, the dude is obviously a record head if he went after certain wax and hit up other dealers too.

And the weak c**t isnt too smart either, trying to steal at a record fair anyways?

It usually does as The art i train does have a very spiritual element and I had enough self control to just slap the dude. Could have been worse

I always think it must be so hard to steal records. They're so big. I mean, people aren't shoving the things up their shirt, are they?
    I had seven tables so was pretty busy and my friend noticed the guy earlier looking shifty. He just put his bag in front of the crates and slipped them in while I was dealing with another customer.

you kinda murdered it at the fair, brought that "american" type of quality down under... good work man, people are praising you for saving it....
    peace.

Brisbane was good I even had other sellers bitching about me. I plan to return to the states fairly regularly while the dollar is good and my supply in Australia has dried up.Thanks for the encouragement

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

you kinda murdered it at the fair, brought that "american" type of quality down under... good work man, people are praising you for saving it....
    peace.

Brisbane was good I even had other sellers bitching about me. I plan to return to the states fairly regularly while the dollar is good and my supply in Australia has dried up.Thanks for the encouragement

You doing the Glebe fair in Sydney? Or the Parramatta one?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

whoever the other sellers were, F*ck 'em, they bring the same crusty crates... sorry I didn't spend or look much at your table, it was all a bit too much after returning from nippon... keep comin' to the fair and holla if you need a hand moderating the tables. i will work for records!

• walking wax museum / overpriced record gouger/ dealer " oz "
    was getting jacked heavily at record shows.. on the strength of being a dick.

too others disapproval (i cud gives a fux) ive taken my "fair share" from radio stations and public library's but never would i do the same from shops or dealers.

you gotta operate from sorta code.

• Options
    walking wax museum / overpriced record gouger/ dealer " oz "

too others disapproval (i cud gives a fux) ive taken my "fair share" from radio stations and public library's but never would i do the same from shops or dealers.

One of the things I like most about your posts is that they come heavy with the truth. You tell it like it is, and you don't give a F*ck what others think.

The other thing I like about your posts is the ill spelling errors. It's straight gangster shit, you know?

• walking wax museum / overpriced record gouger/ dealer " oz "

Pretty loose code you got there bud....

Please share your shoplifting stories

So this one time I'd say I had about $200 of records slipped in my bag at this record fair...

• Got my soundburger stolen a wfmu, still gutted, it was mint and serviced. Never help out other listeners.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that's dirty

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

Pretty loose code you got there bud....

Public libraries < shops/dealers. That's the spirit.