Dangerdoom

tallbobsmoketallbobsmoke 715 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Have any of you heard tracks from this Danger Mouse MF Doom Project for the Cartoon Network? I like it. I always dig Doom's weird ass lyrics, but Danger Mouse has got some nice nice beats. There a track with Ghostface Killa that is out of hand. I could see some people getting annoyed by the cartoon network samples, but Aqua Teen Hunger Force got rhymes.Now let the haters begin.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    hated it and loved it...

im a DOOM fan, so i was looking forward to that, there are some good tracks on the album (THANK YOU GHOSTFACE), but alot of it is skippable, and the adult swim shit gets boring/annoying, unless its short and pertains to the song (ie. sofa king).

dangermouse is overrated, IMO. and alot of his beats were zzzz...

overall its a good listen and a decent album, but they should have just done a madvillainy two in the same 'dangerdoom' fashion...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    They showed the cover art last night during one of the [adult swim] bumps, but have they had some other beat playing as the soundbed. Damn, I can't remember what they were playing but it was something dope that I'm familiar with.

Nothing wrong with cartoon samples in beats (unless you get sued by some litigious animaniac). I'm optimistic for this, plus I got nothing against Doom or DM.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I was tryin' to hate but failed, I distilled a magnificent EP for the pod

• Have any of you heard tracks from this Danger Mouse MF Doom Project for the Cartoon Network? I like it. I always dig Doom's weird ass lyrics, but Danger Mouse has got some nice nice beats. There a track with Ghostface Killa that is out of hand. I could see some people getting annoyed by the cartoon network samples, but Aqua Teen Hunger Force got rhymes.

Now let the haters begin.

isnt this material from the collaborations between and ghoust and doom

• Have any of you heard tracks from this Danger Mouse MF Doom Project for the Cartoon Network? I like it. I always dig Doom's weird ass lyrics, but Danger Mouse has got some nice nice beats. There a track with Ghostface Killa that is out of hand. I could see some people getting annoyed by the cartoon network samples, but Aqua Teen Hunger Force got rhymes.

isnt this material from the collaborations between and ghost and doom

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Have any of you heard tracks from this Danger Mouse MF Doom Project for the Cartoon Network? I like it. I always dig Doom's weird ass lyrics, but Danger Mouse has got some nice nice beats. There a track with Ghostface Killa that is out of hand. I could see some people getting annoyed by the cartoon network samples, but Aqua Teen Hunger Force got rhymes.

isnt this material from the collaborations between and ghoust and doom

supposedly there is going to be a ghostface/doom full length dropping "later"

there is a track on dangerdoom that features ghostface called 'the mask'

• DOOM =

Ghostface cameo =

the cover artwork =

Dangermouse =

the cartoon network skits =

overall, i think this will be

but i'll prolly hold out for the DOOM + Ghostface full-lengf.

• awesome

• awallawall 673 Posts
    DOOM =

Ghostface cameo =

the cover artwork =

Dangermouse =

the cartoon network skits =

overall, i think this will be

but i'll prolly hold out for the DOOM + Ghostface full-lengf.

i think this pretty much sums up how i feel about this

• PISTOL what do you think?... this just makes me want to hear thea Ghost/Doom collab..

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Danger Mouse is way overrated cause of the Grey Album, kinda like 9th was with his remix projects, but at least 9th is super dope, DM is more

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    PISTOL what do you think?... this just makes me want to hear thea Ghost/Doom collab..

I love Doom, but I'll say it again- Is it possible for him to take at least a week off without collaborating on a new project?

I'm not sure Doom and Ghost are coming out with a full length together. I know they collab on this LP and they are doing shit together on Ghost's next album, but an entire album together hasn't been confirmed at all.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ...for the Cartoon Network?

Those well-known patrons of quality rap.

• ...for the Cartoon Network?

Act like you know.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I really like the album but I'm a big fan of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and the other shows used for samples. Obviously, a lot of that stuff is really silly but that is the point and is what makes it fun to listen to.

• I've only listened to it once and I was a little faded at the time. I definitely felt it more than either Madvillain or MmmFood on the first listen.

• Dangerdoom Story in Pitchfork Media
    07/19/2005

There's nary an MC as prolific while being consistently "dope" as the one MF Doom ("Definition: super villain, a killer who loves children"). And hot-shit producer Danger Mouse has been on a roll since that whole Grey Album fiasco, more recently taking the reins for Automator in Gorillaz. So why in the good lord's name should these two forces not take a cue from the Wu and form "like Voltron"? Perhaps because two men does not a Voltron make. Or does it just make Li'l Voltron?

It looks like we're about to find out. Whispers have been wafting on the hip-hop winds for some time now, but finally the news is official: October 11th will mark the release of Dangerdoom: The Mouse and the Mask, a co-release between Epitaph Records and Adult Swim. Wait, what's the connection with the Cartoon Network's most popular feature? Well, it's weirdly cross-promotional. According to the press release, the record will feature voices and skits from shows like "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" and "Sealab 2021". This, of course, is no different from all the other live-action comic book samples that have made routine appearances on Doom's records, only now they help sell TVs. So that's good.

There's not exactly a shitload of information on the sound of the record yet, but several guest MCs have been announced, including Talib Kweli, Cee-Lo, and Ghostface. There is, however, lots of related news, like how Danger Mouse has that Gnarls Barkley project in the works with Cee-Lo, and how Doom is said to be working on a record with Ghostface (and, oh yeah, how that crummy Fantastic Four movie-- featuring the menace of one metal-faced "Victor Von Doom"-- is still shitting all over the children). Time and repeat listens will tell if any of these meetings of minds and rhymes will be as fruitful as the Madlib/Doom collaboration, Madvillainy, but until then, you can get out your chromium alloy masks, hide ya face, and always, always hold the mic double-clutch. (pitchforkmedia.com)

the root...

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    im all of a sudden back into doom mode. i havent really been paying attention while tall paulsies carried him over the past couple years b/c he has such a pleasing delivery that even people with limited taste like him...yippee. what in tarnation did i go-n do that fir? i mean he first revealed his doom persona back on the what a niggy know remix imo. im a little disappointed in the mask but it is cold to hear doom and gfk. danger mouse is overrated but sofa king is okeh beat-wise. so-fa king we-tah-ded...or some shit.

• that pitchfork review is painful to read.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    that pitchfork review is painful to read.

ya i stopped reading after the first paragraph, who the fuck still talks like yoda?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    [hattin]

someone needs to teach danger mouse how to mix and how to program drums

i just heard that leaked cd, and someone said it was recorded from a line-in, maybe the final one will sound better. but honestly that leaked version is mixed awful. neither warm or cold, somewhere in between, and the entire thing lacks punch.

[/hattin]

i hope they release accapellas of that lp tho, i really like mf doom on some of the tracks. well pretty much all tracks even.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    ...for the Cartoon Network?

Act like you know.

was this the rappin cow? haha great episode