Hahahaha...woah. (Black Fairy eBay Related)

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Who said the summers are slow?

Drama: marcofunk outbid. Can I get a ?

Comments

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    As much as this may be hyped and not all that, I could still use a copy.

Anybody.

• 400 bones. Said it before, this has got to be thee most overrated jazz LP out there. Why do people want it so badly? Because gerald re-released it?

nate: I had mp3s if you want.

zizag: you probably have the same album, but black & white cover version

• Buying / Winning a 400+ lp with your first bid: finally an occasion which justifies the use of the graemlin.

btw: i have a pretty good clue who this is

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The soundclips I heard of that album sucked, can't believe people are dropping that much on that turd.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Buying / Winning a 400+ lp with your first bid: finally an occasion which justifies the use of the graemlin.

btw: i have a pretty good clue who this is

Well, second bid anyway, but a $375 first offer isn't exactly chicken and gravy, mang.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That Nat Riggins lp is up to 230 so far, marcofunk is the highbidder- will he win it?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    is marcofunk a strutter? i've never lost out to him (no beef), just wondering.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    no Marcofunk, as far as I know, ain't a strutter. Although I do think of phonecalls from North Carolina at 3am whenever I see his name.

And I still think Ebay is slow for the summer, grails will always go for dough, but for mid range things you ain't seeing any real money being spent.

Catch my auctions (in september)

• Boris The Funkosaurus.

NICE.

• Man, when I moved to Chicago in the late '90s you couldn't give the Black Fairy LP away. I can remember several times where said record was left because there was NO OUTLET for the shit. And this is coming from a guy who has five copies of the Chet Nichols LP on Kama Sutra sitting over here.

• Man, when I moved to Chicago in the late '90s you couldn't give the Black Fairy LP away. I can remember several times where said record was left because there was NO OUTLET for the shit. And this is coming from a guy who has five copies of the Chet Nichols LP on Kama Sutra sitting over here.

Prince Ramu Whala Abdul Fakkahr's private press "Ode to the Scorpion" discussed on here?

yeah i got this shit, total heat front to back, , real headz, you know there are only like 2 copies of it in existence

O V E R H Y P E D[/b]

hey dog i will sell you it if you can borrow rey's mom's credit card

Puulllease! The late Prince Ramu's widow is staying in my guest house. As we speak I have in my posession the last sealed box of "Ode to the Scorpion" lps. She tells me that he personaly blessed this last box with his mystical sceptor - the one with the cobra head carved on it. I'm wearing the Dashiki he died in right now, beatch!

• gee i'm busy today and i really do not have time for this but...

lets talk marcofunk for a second.

marcofunk is an italian buyer who paid me some very nice prices on a soul auction a few months back... fats gains band $305 and shit like that.

two chargebacks via paypal for $700+ and $400+ becuase he had not received his parcels just a few days after payment. items were sent registered mail. tried to communicate with him but he was difficult.

everything was resolved of course when he got his shit and the disputes were reversed.

he buys a $6 50's jump blues record by a known artist along with all the funk private raers and leaves this feedback...

--------

this one came in with other 3 but j.mcvea is 50's or 60's sound!!!!! AND I HATE 4721703757

--------

i mean come on dude dont you know a jump blues record when you see one. i mean the guy is a known artist. mcvea.

this gives new meaning to the deal with these guys who want the raer but have never heard an undisputed truth LP or any of the other basics.

he is a nut with a lot of bread who wants raers.

end of story.

ap

• nate: I had mp3s if you want.

Meaning, he no longer has them.

• Now I don't think I have any choice but to put my own personal copy up on the block..

• funny,
    when i first got a copy of black fairy 3 yrs ago i knew people would want it. when takuma offered me $75 i knew it was lowball (ironically i found the nate riggins along side it)

giles plays the shit, jazzman reissed it, and nate b still needs it.

it is a great record, rare as hell, no brainer. why does this keep coming up on soulstrut???

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    it is a great record, rare as hell, no brainer. why does this keep coming up on soulstrut???

Because in the opinions of some, it is clearly being overpaid for. The price hike was also pretty sudden. Chris had one up only a couple months ago that went for less than half (I believe) than the one that sparked this thread. I have heard this LP and could think of many more things to do with $400.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    i have a copy for sale for $400.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Man, when I moved to Chicago in the late '90s you couldn't give the Black Fairy LP away. I can remember several times where said record was left because there was NO OUTLET for the shit. And this is coming from a guy who has five copies of the Chet Nichols LP on Kama Sutra sitting over here.

Yep, I got mine in the late 90's too and it was basically worthless. I passed on it a few times (for around $20-$30) after I copped mine, even though I love the one song "Tell Them They Are Beautiful", just because I didn't see it as having any real value at the time. Shoulda known that one day somebody would deem this record a "raer" and the price would escalate.
    Now I'm just waiting for the rest of the many obscure but overlooked records in my collection to be "discovered" and sought after by the ballers. What's the Milchio Leviev "Blue Jeans" record going for these days?!?

• What's the Milchio Leviev "Blue Jeans" record going for these days?!?

10 dollars or 490 on ebay.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I was told there was an article a few mons back about Black Fairy in the UK Record Collector mag( or something like that) - probably expanded 'continental awareness'...

---

• gee i'm busy today and i really do not have time for this but...

marcofunk is an italian buyer who paid me some very nice prices on a soul auction a few months back... fats gains band $305 and shit like that.

two chargebacks via paypal for $700+ and $400+ becuase he had not received his parcels just a few days after payment. items were sent registered mail. tried to communicate with him but he was difficult.

everything was resolved of course when he got his shit and the disputes were reversed.

he buys a $6 50's jump blues record by a known artist along with all the funk private raers and leaves this feedback...

--------

this one came in with other 3 but j.mcvea is 50's or 60's sound!!!!! AND I HATE 4721703757

--------

i mean come on dude dont you know a jump blues record when you see one. i mean the guy is a known artist. mcvea.

this gives new meaning to the deal with these guys who want the raer but have never heard an undisputed truth LP or any of the other basics.

end of story.

ap

co-sign
    I was bidding on a record from this french seller on ebay and when i was looking at his feedback i saw that this marcofunk dude had left negative feedback because in his opinion the record didn't have soul or funk..but he paid $90 something for it..who drops 90 freakin dollas on a record they dont know?

• yea dude the guy is buying a mid 50's jump blues reissue because he thinks its like some rare funk or something. what a tool. i mean seriously. dude needs is sweet exorcist starter kit before he tries to move on the RAER. later days dude. lol.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    gee i'm busy today and i really do not have time for this but...

--------

--------

end of story.

ap

fuck.

this asshole just bought a record from me too. took him two weeks to pay, so I filed a non-payment thing. enter: all kinda weird broken English emails. He paid & I sent his record but I expect bad things.

Add him to your blocked bidders list!

oh yeah, it's not our own DJ Marco Hammond either. Some Ital guy

• Options
    Yeah, he's Italian. Just made a $1600 purchase from my list. Have a feeling he's got a little dough hanging around.

Though, as Anthony stated, his English/understanding is not the finest.

K.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    oh yeah, it's not our own DJ Marco Hammond either.

...you sure about that?

haha! yeah, just a little.