Shitstorm

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• how did gary manage to do it this time? i had to spend the afternoon doing actual work.

btw, my inbox says i am over the limit even after i deleted like 100 messages.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

I saw Raj's tweet about the server and i was like okay i can see the thread topics but can't view them.
    Now there are no Threads !

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    how did gary manage to do it this time? i had to spend the afternoon doing actual work.

btw, my inbox says i am over the limit even after i deleted like 100 messages.

Yeah same. I widdled mine down to under 200 and seem to be ok now.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

I saw Raj's tweet about the server and i was like okay i can see the thread topics but can't view them.
    Now there are no Threads !

I have all the threads up until Feb 3, 2010.... so all is not lost.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    LOL. This should the only thread on soulstrut for the rest of time. Any that needs to get posted will be a reply to this thread. AWESOME.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    LOL. This should the only thread on soulstrut for the rest of time. Any that needs to get posted will be a reply to this thread. AWESOME.

What kind of portable turntable should I buy?

• parenparen 537 Posts
    okra is my favorite side dish.

b/w

i just outbid cantbeoutbid. j*s*n.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    so, what happened here?

so, what happened here?

Database crash. Last restore is from Feb 2010.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    so, what happened here?

Database crash. Last restore is from Feb 2010.
    ah.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

What kind of portable turntable should I buy?

I just foudna coverless copy of Afrique. Anyoen heard of this obscure private press funk bomb?

• Options
    None of this would have happened if Batmon was a moderhateur.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    all "MY FAVORITE" threads are kaput....

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I blame Texas

I'm restoring everything. They will be back.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I'm restoring everything. They will be back.

thank you

i was scurred for a minute

also i see quick reply is back

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj,

When are you going to host another 'Strutter together at 'Strut mansion? Since I'm over on the 'right coast,' I could actually show up this time. You're right across the river now!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Whoa
    talk about clearing the decks.

Hey Raj, when I was over at the facebook page looking for are charred remains I saw you posted this:

"New site in the making... I'm super excited about it. So much that I haven;t slept in weeks. It's going to be more user driven so it might possibly break the Internet."

When's this happenin'?

Whoa
    talk about clearing the decks.

Hey Raj, when I was over at the facebook page looking for are charred remains I saw you posted this:

"New site in the making... I'm super excited about it. So much that I haven;t slept in weeks. It's going to be more user driven so it might possibly break the Internet."

When's this happenin'?

May / June.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Very very cool

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I no longer see the number of new posts since I last checked a thread bolded. They used to be in bold on the Crate Diggin Revealed page list of active topics. Anyone know whats up with this?

Another long-running question in my head: Any way to see ALL of someone's posts? Only the last 200 come up for me. (I know that sounds like a weird request, but I know who posted the thread (or at least posted in it) I'm looking for, and the approx date, but the Soulstrut search function is coming up with nothing, as is Google....)

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I no longer see the number of new posts since I last checked a thread bolded. They used to be in bold on the Crate Diggin Revealed page list of active topics. Anyone know whats up with this?

Another long-running question in my head: Any way to see ALL of someone's posts? Only the last 200 come up for me. (I know that sounds like a weird request, but I know who posted the thread (or at least posted in it) I'm looking for, and the approx date, but the Soulstrut search function is coming up with nothing, as is Google....)

no offense but it's not a thread of yours that I'm looking for; matter of fact I can't recall a single thread you've started/contributed to.

Yeah. There is ALL kinds of quirky shit that happened with the settings when the board crashed.

Honestly... this forum software is 8 years old and I am ditching it in a couple months... So, just trying to squeak by until we reach the next platform.

word; just checking that it wasn't my browser/cookie situation or something. more power to you dude; despite the occasional shitstorm you've created/maintained a helluva site.

curious though: are Soulstrut posts archived all the way back, like, to the beginning? Is it just the search function that limits ones ability to retrieve one-year-plus-old posts, or are they actually not stored anywhere central?

no offense but it's not a thread of yours that I'm looking for; matter of fact I can't recall a single thread you've started/contributed to.

After 6 years I think I've seen the full cycle of posts/topics so I really don't post anymore, and hence most of my 5900 posts are from 3-4 years ago at the latest.

Actually that's not entirely true; I also haven't bought a record in probably 2 years as well.

But I do appreciate you bristling at my implication that you're a stalker. It'll be ok.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I also haven't bought a record in probably 2 years as well.

What does that feel like? I forget.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

After 6 years I think I've seen the full cycle of posts/topics so I really don't post anymore, and hence most of my 5900 posts are from 3-4 years ago at the latest.

Actually that's not entirely true; I also haven't bought a record in probably 2 years as well.

But I do appreciate you bristling at my implication that you're a stalker. It'll be ok.

Don't sell yourself short. You did post in a recent thread about how the person I was thinking of in a game of 20 questions was my mother sitting on your face. That was a valuable contribution.

Don't sell yourself short. You did post in a recent thread about how the person I was thinking of in a game of 20 questions was my mother sitting on your face. That was a valuable contribution.

Haha, forgot about that one. Ok, so one valuable contribution!

I'm still not convinced that that wasn't the answer...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Work finally mellows a little and I think to myself "Gee whiz, champ, now's a good time to get up to date at the Strut". Then I find all the recent posts are gone. Tragic, simply tragic.

Good luck with debugging, Raj!