Afro 45 mix

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited February 2010 in Strut Central
I just put a 1h mix together with some of the 45s that I found last month:DANGER

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thank you for blessing us once more

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    thanks frank, nastynigerianheaveyness has been getting a heavy work out since you posted it, look forward to checking this out

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    thanks frank, nastynigerianheaveyness has been getting a heavy work out since you posted it, look forward to checking this out
    where can i find the other mixes?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Yes.

• thanks frank, nastynigerianheaveyness has been getting a heavy work out since you posted it, look forward to checking this out

Get lost in here:

http://voodoofunk.blogspot.com/

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Check out my blog: Voodoo Funk. There should be more than 30 up there by now.

• I don't even have to hear it first because I'm sure it's
    Hope you're feeling better and breathing easier after that craziness with Delta. Could you please do a setsale for Christ's sake? Just sayin

• Aces like always man. Thx!

gusto.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    thanks for this Frank!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Here's a "cover" to go with the mix:

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I don't even have to hear it first because I'm sure it's
    Hope you're feeling better and breathing easier after that craziness with Delta. Could you please do a setsale for Christ's sake? Just sayin

My record bags just arrived...

They started calling me early this morning to make sure I was home. At around 12pm, someone called saying he was in front of my house and I told him I'd be downstairs right away, he answered "... wait a minute... I just realize... your bags aren't on the truck, they still have to be at the warehouse...". So what, why not wait anoher half a day?

Now, pretty much exactly 3 days or 72 hours after my arrival at JFK, I'm reunited with my check-in luggage. I always thought Air France were king when it comes to messing with your shit but after this, Delta takes home my personal luggage nightmare award.

I'll do some set sales soon, haven't been doing anything really but clean up vinyl since Sunday.

• Welcome back Frank! What's that track that comes in around 13:15 "Whenever you need me..."?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Could you please do a setsale for Christ's sake? Just sayin

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Welcome back Frank! What's that track that comes in around 13:15 "Whenever you need me..."?

Thanx R.....o, that's Pat Thomas & the Sweat Beans (same musicians as Marijata) with "let's think it over". One of those tracks that feel like you heard them a hundred times before when listening to it for the first time.

I actually got to meet Pat Thomas on this trip. Really cool guy super young looking, and a sharp dresser with a gold front tooth. One day the one and only Rob called me on the phone after having seen an ad in the newspaper that I was looking for his records... but that's a different story.

• Always appreciated!

• One day the one and only Rob called me on the phone after having seen an ad in the newspaper that I was looking for his records... but that's a different story.

Tell it fast, tell it slow...

• Welcome back Frank! What's that track that comes in around 13:15 "Whenever you need me..."?

Thanx R.....o, that's Pat Thomas & the Sweat Beans (same musicians as Marijata) with "let's think it over". One of those tracks that feel like you heard them a hundred times before when listening to it for the first time.

No doubt, sounds like some quality Jamaican soul to me for some reason. Holler at me with your double, lets go get that beer next week!