Big Pun freestyle on The Stretch & Bobbito Show

40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
edited January 2010 in Strut Central
Does anybody have a copy of this show?

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Yeah not the best of Pun for sure.

But to 40ozking, dudes around these parts aren't too keen on Big Pun for personal reasons, so just expect a bunch of non-music related comments, and the word over-rated to be thrown around. Dude was such a beast with the rhymes, F*ck the contraversies.

peace,xavier

• "playin the game the same as Hitler"

classy.

• dudes around these parts aren't too keen on Big Pun for ARTISTIC reasons,

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Last time he was brought up dudes were mentioning nothing about his music, it was strictly his personal life. "Capitol Punishment" is a great album.

peace,xavier

• I only asked if anybody had a tape of the show (which i found thanks to Stretch Armstrong).

• "Capitol Punishment" is a great album.

I disagree.

• Capitol Punishment is actually a great album.

This right here is classic

• This right here is classic

I disagree.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Awesome, thats a really constructive argument on your part.

peace,xavier

• Awesome, thats a really constructive argument on your part.

Whatever critcizm i lay down - will not demote PUN's position as a great MC or Capital Punishment as a great album to u. Lets just agree to disagree.

• I think BATMON is hating because Capital Punishment is a HOOD CLASSIQUE in the BX and he is sick of hearing that "Pun is a legend" schitt from the PR kids on his block!

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Cool by me, though i'm always into hearing why people don't like certain artists. Cause I know he has his shortcomings too, i'm not the type who doesn't see the bad in the artists i like.

peace,xavier

• I think BATMON is hating because Capital Punishment is a HOOD CLASSIQUE in the BX and he is sick of hearing that "Pun is a legend" schitt from the PR kids on his block!

I remember seein Pun at a "Freestyle" contest when he went by the MC Moondog.
    It was at this strip club up in The BX. Dude was better than everybody in the room. "Huuuuhhhhh..."

Yet on record dude's delivery is quite static IMO, and the Twiddely-Dwiddley shit was ran way too much."Huuuuhhhhgg..."

I have a problem when dudes use great too loosely. The Chronic is great.
    Capital Punishment is just good. I cant co-sine w/ the hood classic status.
    What dude repped outshined his skills IMO. "Huuugghhhhh..."

And i never said I dont like him or tried to be argumentive. I just disagree with the ratings. Lets not make a dude who was an All-Star for maybe 2/3 years into a Hall Of Fame player."Huuuuuuuuuuuugh..."

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    is that the sound of pun breathing hahaha

• That album isn't a classic, but to say Pun wasn't nasty on the mic is crazy!

• There's a difference between good and great and there's a difference between great and classic. To me, Capital Punishment falls between good and classic but that's just my opinion. Not like it matters...

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    spittin flames