ICE STORM..any other strutters in the path?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited January 2010 in Strut Central
everything looks like it is shrink wrapped...worried about it snapping power lines...last time Memphis got a bad ice storm, some parts of the city were without power for a week or so. Sucks, one of my jobs doesnt close under any circumstances, so I will have to drive on a skating rink tomorrow...not looking forward to this.

Comments

• we lucked out...about an hour ago it changed to snow! Talkin' about getting a foot(uncommon for around here).
    Sucks for OK and AR, looks like they got punched in the nuts with this storm.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    It's gonna be nothin' but rain by the time it reaches Atlanta

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

At the aiport now, hoping to get off the ground before it reaches Atl. LETS GO

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts

You should have until about 2pm and it's going to be pretty light at first.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

You should have until about 2pm and it's going to be pretty light at first.

Noon flight delayed half an hour. Fack...

I'm pessimistic because on the way down here, I got to LGA at 7:45am and got to Atl a little after 11pm.

• the thaw seems as dangerous as the storm...big ass hunks of ice and icicles falling from every roof, telephone pole, street light, tree...sounds like gravel has been falling on the house non stop all morning...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    the thaw seems as dangerous as the storm...big ass hunks of ice and icicles falling from every roof, telephone pole, street light, tree...sounds like gravel has been falling on the house non stop all morning...

Southerners.

You'll be fine, the house will be straight. If you haven't lost power initially, no need to worry afterwards.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Southerners.

Keep in mind we don't really have the kinda infrastructure that can deal with that down here... I had a icestorm knock out our power for over a week a few years ago (which occurred a day or two after the stuff came, BTW).

Fortunately central NC just received the best snow we've had in a long time, it was a beautiful thing...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yeah, my friend was going to law school in NC Central during "the" ice storm in NC of recent note. She said her posse was eating at BK like everyday. I wish shit would melt here, I look outside and have dreams of NOLA or TX.

• covecove 1,566 Posts