High School Reunion?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited January 2010 in Strut Central
did you go to yours? I was just sent the invite and I was thinking"all the people that i was legitimately friends with and still am friends with I see on a regular basis..."plus most of them I think i didn't accept their Facebook requests

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I hated HS. Someone convinced me to go to the 5yr and I got so loaded I almost got into a physical altercation with an ex-jock type (and I NEVER fight in normal life). I decided that it would be prudent to keep away from any future reunions so I skipped the 10 and 20 yr joints.

If you loved HS I could see where it might be fun, but not for me.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i would never attend a HS reunion, we had one girl in my class.

• If my high school had a 5 year reunion, I didn't hear about it. 10 years coming up in 2012. It will probably be awkward as shit because I haven't kept in touch with ANYONE.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    HELL NAW

This exactly what Facebook is for--to satisfy whatever mild curiosity you might have about what happened to these people without having to actually interact with them.

From what I can tell, everyone I went to HS with pretty much turned into their parents.

• 90% of the people I'm friends with on FB got married before they were 25. what the F*ck am I doing with my life?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    90% of the people I'm friends with on FB got married before they were 25. what the F*ck am I doing with my life?

And the majority of them will eventually be divorced. I wouldn't sweat it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Nope. I hated highschool, all three of them, and my interest in what and how all these people are doing is only passing. I can't even be bothered to look anyone up on FB, and truth be told, I can't remember more than a handful of names. My one close friend who left at 16 because she got knocked up, I am in touch with and there are a few folks here and there I see about once a year at show or on the street. That scratches the itch just fine.

I have a pretty good feeling that the people I would be really happy or into seeing would not be there anyhow.

• i forgot my sarcasm tags.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This exactly what Facebook is for--to satisfy whatever mild curiosity you might have about what happened to these people without having to actually interact with them.

• you just gotta go and make up all kinds of stories and have fun unsettling all the people who are miserable with their buttoned down, boring lives

but you never know, you might be pleasantly surprised with where some people are at.

plus...networking
    "oh, you say you are a stewardess and can get heavily discounted tickets?"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    90% of the people I'm friends with on FB got married before they were 25. what the F*ck am I doing with my life?

Didn't you just get engaged?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    High School Reunion: Go for the drinks, stay for the babes.

Really though, I had a blast at my reunion this past August.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Didn't you just get engaged?

Ha! Yes. Yes, I did. However, I believe the divorce rate is much higher among couples who get married in their teens/early 20s.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    My 10th reunion itself was ok (most unlikely guy to turn into a "professional DJ" is DJing the thing related) but the afterparty turned into a "lets live out our high school fantasies" makeout party. I had a great time having some PG-13 fun in the basement with that "crush that got away 10 yrs ago and still looked like she did 10 yrs ago".

• GO GO GO, especially if you are single, you want believe how friggin hot some of these women got, and many of them divorced. Grandmothers at the 20th hotter than any broad you ever banged, ha ha!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I have a pretty good feeling that the people I would be really happy or into seeing would not be there anyhow.

• i would never attend a HS reunion, we had one girl in my class.

how the hell does that happen???

if it's an all-guys school, where does the 1 girl come from?

...and if it's not all-guys, how can there be ONLY 1 girl?? even if there were only 6 people in your class, that's still a crazy ratio...

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i went to a really small, media-oriented part of a high school located in another building far from the main HS...only one girl had chosen that film orientation....
    (not actually high school but swedish gymnasium, wich is more or less equivalent)
    there were other girls there of course but not in the film orientation...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I attended my 10 year reunion in November and enjoyed myself. At first, I resisted going because I didn't want to deal with adults who still thought they were 17 y.o. The majority of the class had matured and were acting their age.

It was cool catching up with my old friends/associates. Good experience overall.

So yeah, I recommend going.