NEW SADE TRACK!!!!!!!!! (Hi Batmon!)

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited January 2010 in Strut Central
This is DOPE.............

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    "like michael, back in the day"!

I'm sorry, but that line kind of ruins the song.

Straight corn.

I wasn't trying to suggest that it's an amazing line - it just stands out when you listen. It humanizes her in a way I'm not used to.

Having said that, it definitely doesn't ruin the song for me.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Just listened to "Babyfather"

Gotta say I'm disappointed in everything I've heard except for the title track

• The line feels out of place for Sade but I'm guessing she may have written this song post MJ's death. if thats the case that would be a pretty nice thing of her IMO.

• On the real - As much as I love Sade their albums have gotten weaker with time.

I wont jump on the jock after a return from her 14th Hiatus.

Im anticipating the new stuff like a mofo, but.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I just listened to the whole LP ....I almost fell asleep Imma give it one more go.

• chimachima 33 Posts
    "like michael, back in the day"!

I'm sorry, but that line kind of ruins the song.

Straight corn.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Nice. I prefer her old school stuff, but I'm glad she's still doing her thing.

I'm listening to the whole thing right now and believe me it sounds pretty much exactly like her "old school stuff".

Sidenote: It's just says a lot that it took her company 9 days to get me a watermarked CD copy of this after NPR expressed interest in reviewing it (and NPR's listeners pretty much ARE Sade's demographic audience) yet while I got tired of waiting, I managed to just go online and download the whole thing anyway. SMH.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

I'm listening to the whole thing right now and believe me it sounds pretty much exactly like her "old school stuff".

Sidenote: It's just says a lot that it took her company 9 days to get me a watermarked CD copy of this after NPR expressed interest in reviewing it (and NPR's listeners pretty much ARE Sade's demographic audience) yet while I got tired of waiting, I managed to just go online and download the whole thing anyway. SMH.

ehh to me it does sound like some of her old stuff..i just always wished that they meaning Sade and Sweetback aka Stuart Matthewman and nem would have built on the sound from the Love Deluxe/ Sweetback 1st lp/ Urban Hang Suite sound and be a little more forward thinking and experimental...for me this new stuff is str8 for the "smooth jazz" crowd I wanted to hear a little Seiji meets umm whatever...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

ehh to me it does sound like some of her old stuff..i just always wished that they meaning Sade and Sweetback aka Stuart Matthewman and nem would have built on the sound from the Love Deluxe/ Sweetback 1st lp/ Urban Hang Suite sound and be a little more forward thinking and experimental...for me this new stuff is str8 for the "smooth jazz" crowd I wanted to hear a little Seiji meets umm whatever...

The three songs if heard dont sound like "old' SADE IMO.
    Soldier of Love sounds nothin like the first 3 albums.
    By 1992, after the first hiatus, they dropped Love Deluxe, which was more "electronic/electronica" to me. The beats were harder and colder compared to the first three.

Maybe yall call 1992 or 2000 'Old Sade' but 1985-88 is what i'd refer to as the "old sound" of Sade. Sweetback was electronica. UrbanHangSuite is Neo-Soul. Sweetback's Stage(2) sounds nuthin like Diamond Life/Promise/Stronger Than Pride. Lover's Rock is quite polished compared to the first 3.

Another thing that "separates" Sade's early shit from the later shit is the heavy presence of Stuart Matthewman's horn.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    BUT HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT
    THE LINE[/b]!!!?????

Teh line is a bit random and detracts from Sade's usual classiness. I do not expect or want shout-outs in my adult-contempo R&B. What's next? Lines about drinking Patron on ice with Whitney Houston?

Shouldn't that be doing ice with Whitney Houston ?

• Has anyone seen the single on wax?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Just got the album in the mail today. Gonna listen to it in a few...

• Just got the album in the mail today. Gonna listen to it in a few...

On wax???

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I just listened to the whole LP ....I almost fell asleep Imma give it one more go.

I hate to agree with this, but yeah, the album is kind of a snoozefest. Sade's been listening to too much Norah Jones. Mother's Rock for sure.

I still ride for it though and will give it some more listens.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Just got the album in the mail today. Gonna listen to it in a few...

On wax???

Oh no, I wish. Promo CD...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Norah Jones comparison is closer thanI'd want to admit to but yeah, it has that sleepy vibe, for real.