Secret Squirel Nonsense

1980Beatz1980Beatz 159 Posts
edited January 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    SECRET UK EROTIC PSYCH BREAKS FUNK DRAMA

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I can understand if it's really a raer, undiscovered, hard to find piece. But a lot of these kats are selling dollar records as secret braeks. But if people are stupid enough to not do there homework when it comes to diggin, collecting, etc. then more power to the seller. I just look down on the "secret braeks" thing because usually I know what the record is.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Funny thing about this is, if you click on the YouTube video on that page, the first comment you read blows up the guy's spot anyway.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This has been all over the place lately... dude was selling a Dennis Coffey record as a Secret Squirrel recently. Really??!!

Even more frustrating is the dude who listed my top Brazilian want on eBay... after spitting out my coffee in excitement and clicking on the link, I read the description that said "I do not have this record for sale, I am looking for someone to sell it to me." WTF!!! Don't do that!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm surprised he's letting that Gary Wright record out of the bag.

• SECRET UK EROTIC PSYCH BREAKS FUNK DRAMA

You're my secret uk exotic psych break funk!
    no homo

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Even more frustrating is the dude who listed my top Brazilian want on eBay... after spitting out my coffee in excitement and clicking on the link, I read the description that said "I do not have this record for sale, I am looking for someone to sell it to me." WTF!!! Don't do that!!!

The Quarteto Novo Era? $1.00 opening bid! I saw that too and felt like reporting that BS, but then I sort of sympathized with the dude because it is really hard to find.

A truly awesome EP, every tune is great.

• Ive always wanted to put a Led Zep "Coda" up as a secret squirell...and put up a bunch of sound clips from the Bonham solo on there so it looks like the record is just braek bukkake. Maybe I will do this this week.

• who the holy F*ck WOULDN'T know who this is?

• Ive always wanted to put a Led Zep "Coda" up as a secret squirell...and put up a bunch of sound clips from the Bonham solo on there so it looks like the record is just braek bukkake. Maybe I will do this this week.

Not a bad idea!

ELP and JEfferson Airplane secret rock breaks.....

or...take any Tomita album...squrrel it and list as ALCHEMIST SYNTH HEAVY BREAKS RARE

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    or...take any Tomita album...squrrel it and list as ALCHEMIST SYNTH HEAVY BREAKS RARE

I think somebody actually did do this with Snowflakes Are Dancing and Dilla a while back.

• or...take any Tomita album...squrrel it and list as ALCHEMIST SYNTH HEAVY BREAKS RARE

I think somebody actually did do this with Snowflakes Are Dancing and Dilla a while back.

The best is when someone does that for Dilla and the 10cc album...SUPER RARE!!!!!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

The Quarteto Novo Era? $1.00 opening bid! I saw that too and felt like reporting that BS, but then I sort of sympathized with the dude because it is really hard to find.

A truly awesome EP, every tune is great.

That's the one! I sympathize too... never seen that for sale. Dude's actually a nice guy so I can't hate... he always compliments me on my mixes which is much appreciated. Even so, if you ever have one for sale, sell it to me and not him

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The best is when someone does that for Dilla and the 10cc album...SUPER RARE!!!!!

Dilla: the artist whose fans are most likely to engage in this type of secret squirrel foolishness?

• JATXJATX 258 Posts

Dilla: the artist whose fans are most likely to engage in this type of secretquirrel foolishness?
    No-these are the fans that jumped on after Donuts. Are you the one responsible for those poster-looking things on the net- often seen in these forums- with a picture and accompanying witty one-liner? If so, thank you, sir. Those things always crack me up.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Josh[/b]: the artist whose fans are most likely to engage in this type of secret squirrel foolishness!

• Last year this seller repeatedly listed many russian records secret squirrel style. I have most of them but there were a few I still need. Too bad for me the prices went to the moon every time. I took my revenge by commenting on his youtube videos with the artists and records for most of the russian secret squirrel records. The comments didnt stay up long though.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Last year this seller repeatedly listed many russian records secret squirrel style.

I peeped him too. His ebay name was something like "BLUNT A KUSH" or something pertaining to weed. He was out of LA. Who ever he was, kats were really buying up his schitt. I ain't paying no $100 for a record and have absolutely no clue of who or what it is!! That's just crazy!

Why do you have to "know" a record to spend loot on it, especially one from Russia? I can understand hesitance with some potentially common American album but it's not like you can walk into Record Surplus and expect to find Siberian outsider funk joints.

Besides, given that Russian titles are in Cryllic, how would you even "know" what the title is? Unless you already can write in the language, it'd be like telling folks, "oh yo, there's this sick ass Chinese funk album called '吃阴茎'. You need to cop that heat, son!"

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

Is that a 1400% come-up?

Additionally: this.

And?

Both of these records are dope. I support my man in Northern Europe.

• Last year this seller repeatedly listed many russian records secret squirrel style.

I peeped him too. His ebay name was something like "BLUNT A KUSH" or something pertaining to weed. He was out of LA. Who ever he was, kats were really buying up his schitt. I ain't paying no $100 for a record and have absolutely no clue of who or what it is!! That's just crazy!

Why do you have to "know" a record to spend loot on it, especially one from Russia? I can understand hesitance with some potentially common American album but it's not like you can walk into Record Surplus and expect to find Siberian outsider funk joints.

Besides, given that Russian titles are in Cryllic, how would you even "know" what the title is? Unless you already can write in the language, it'd be like telling folks, "oh yo, there's this sick ass Chinese funk album called '吃阴茎'. You need to cop that heat, son!"

lol!

yeah, i have a few Soviet titles and I have NOOO idea what the "name" is! someone asks me and I say, I dunno, the russian on the cover looks like some russian versions of "karbasas" or something. great records though! bought them off ebay on the strength of the sound clips...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    yeah, i have a few Soviet titles and I have NOOO idea what the "name" is! someone asks me and I say, I dunno, the russian on the cover looks like some russian versions of "karbasas" or something. great records though! bought them off ebay on the strength of the sound clips...

Ask Wilderness he can translate them for you.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Last year this seller repeatedly listed many russian records secret squirrel style.

I didn't mean not buying because of the language, I mean the whole secret aspect. I do have Russian joints that are straight fire, as well as joints from almost every other country you can name. I just don't support that whole "SECRET" thing. If it says secret its just a turn off for me. I'd rather see "unknown", "undiscovered" or even "mystery", but "secret" just seems like I'm being tricked into buying a dollar record for some serious loot. IMO

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I hear you. I just think it's all in the game.