Worst record you hung on to (for a drumbreak)

barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
I know the vast majority of Soul Strut people have weeded out their collections years ago, but I'm only now really starting to get around to it. So, I'm listening to "the Allstars (of Charlottesville, VA)" Tip your Waitress LP. I've probably had this record for 10+ years, and never listened to it aside for the break. That said it's not my cup of tea, tepid (IMO) blues-rock with alternating male/female vocals. I can't help but shake my head and wonder why it took me so long to consider getting rid of this. I know I'm not alone. Add on.Here's the break:

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I got a whole section in my collection of records just like that.....

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Want some more?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    There's heaps.... the worst is probably this private Australian rock thign which was record live that is just aweful, except for this really unique sounding drum break that pops into the song out of nowhere... it's a private thing and I have never seen any info or copies anywhere else so it's something that i will hold onto.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I know the vast majority of Soul Strut people have weeded out their collections years ago, but I'm only now really starting to get around to it.

So, I'm listening to "the Allstars (of Charlottesville, VA)" Tip your Waitress LP. I've probably had this record for 10+ years, and never listened to it aside for the break. That said it's not my cup of tea, tepid (IMO) blues-rock with alternating male/female vocals.

I can't help but shake my head and wonder why it took me so long to consider getting rid of this.

I know I'm not alone. Add on.
    Here's the break:

I think I have three or so copies of this strictly for the drum break.

Shhhhhhhh

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Just record that ish as a wav file flip that record and move on. and yeah Kinetic upload that break or it didn't happen

Haha - I'll just let my boss know I'm popping out to record a 3 second segment of a record with a drummer playing so i can upload it onto the internet.

Nah, but I will when i get home.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's not ever a good break. Just toss it, dude.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    ELP Love Beach

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    It's not ever a good break. Just toss it, dude.

That's what I'm saying. I don't think I played it more than two times since I got it, in the 90's, I don't think I played it once this decade. It's on its way out.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    what can we get for 63 cents?

hmmm, definitely this stupid record. embarassed.....

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Im cleaning out a bunch of records. Feels good to let go.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    there were a few, luckily they're almost all gone now, a lot of shit rock records like White Witch etc.

Just record that ish as a wav file flip that record and move on. and yeah Kinetic upload that break or it didn't happen

wack aussie private rock with nice break that you don't have

aussie private rock break.mp3

sorry -I am having a lot of probs with divshare so this is the best I can upload it unless anyone has a more reliable option for me to embed it

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah yeah seriously I got rid of all my shit breaks when I made the last move 6+ years ago. Now this time with moving and packing up, surprisingly not a lot of bullshit. Did find that goddamn Wishbone Ash record still in my collection...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

doesnt get much more worse than this.. but yeah theres a drumbreak somewhere!

ok, just listening to this now, didnt recall how the drums sounded.. actually that track is pretty cool, a drinking beer song called de tyve bajere, translated into english: the twenty beers, dude gets more and more drunk during the course of the song

heres the first few seconds

de-tyve-bajere-trk-1.mp3 - 0.91MB

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

this looks dope though.. xian breaks for days?

how bout a little

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    April Wine.

• April Wine.
    these are the times i wish ss had the green gonna-puke face graemlin like waxidermy

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    April Wine.

I can honestly say I have never listened to anything on that record except for the break. I guess I should keep it that way, huh?