have you ever seen or been abducted by a UFO

2»

Comments

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Some have argued that memories of being abducted could be explained with a sleeping disorder.

"Hypnagogia (Greek ὕπνος, h??pnos "sleep" + the root found in ἄγω, ??gō "to lead away, conduct, convey", ἀγωγεύς, agōge??s "conveyor", ἀγωγή, agōgḗ "abduction, transport, leading away" etc.), often misspelled hypnogaia or hypnogogia, is a term coined by Alfred Maury for the transitional state between wakefulness and sleep."

"Typical examples include a feeling of being crushed or suffocated, electric ???tingles??? or ???vibrations???, imagined speech and other noises, the imagined presence of a visible or invisible entity, and sometimes intense emotion: fear or euphoria and orgasmic feelings. SP has been proposed as an explanation for at least some alien abduction experiences and shadow people hauntings."

I have never experienced this myself but my father has several times (although he's never claimed to have been abducted) and he has told me that it's more intense than a dream and extremely terrifying. You're not actually asleep but between being asleep and awake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

i used to get these quite often, still do occasionally. picture opening your eyes but still night dreaming...

• hypnagogia is terrifying in the sense that you feel the presence of an 'other' near or about you but cannot open your eyes to see or cannot move to get away. Various noises and even speech can be heard...you just have to wake yourself out of it, which takes mere seconds but can feel much longer.

a few years ago, during sleep i found myself hovering (not physically...just the sensation) over my bed...no more that a few feet. after a few minutes i felt my body exit through the window into a vessel where i came to and found myself laying on an examination table of some sort. there was an incision down my chest. i quickly lay me head back down and closed my eyes, not sure i wanted to see what was coming next...i felt the presence of others and kept eyes shut feigning sleep...next thing i know i woke up suddenly in my bed (like in the movies), startled and freaked the F*ck out...

Believe it or not...

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I think i saw a UFO in November last year.

I live in a high rise so im used to seeing the ghetto bird & planes fly past. I was watching TV & saw a bright orange light out of my window. By the time i'd got to the window it had travelled quite a distance before dissapearing on the horizon as it approached ground level.

A few minutes later i saw the same thing but this time there were 2 following each other. Looking closely i could definately see exhaust type fumes coming from the back but they were too bright to make out any other features. Again they had disappeared on the horizon before i could get any pics/video. I looked online to calculate the distance & it was about 3-4 miles in about 60 secs.

At the time i honestly remember waiting for some kind of impact like a missile but there was nothing. I did a bit more investigating. I found out the area is quite common for sigtings & has been dubbed the Carrington Triangle lol.

I'd been smoking but i do most nights & its never made me halucinate before. Im definately not mental & i do remain sceptical as they only travelled in a straight line. I dont think it was aliens but i do think it was some sort of government test vehicle.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    i think we all want to explain away the possibility that there could actually be beings from other planets who possess a higher technology than us and can travel those long distances from other galaxies to visit our planet. but why is that so far fetched? unless you don't believe there are other planets circling around all those stars out there... why couldn't there be lifeforms more advanced than us on some of these planets who know how to travel through space farther than we can? i believe, or at least i believe that it may be possible

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    NSFW

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    i think we all want to explain away the possibility that there could actually be beings from other planets who possess a higher technology than us and can travel those long distances from other galaxies to visit our planet. but why is that so far fetched? unless you don't believe there are other planets circling around all those stars out there... why couldn't there be lifeforms more advanced than us on some of these planets who know how to travel through space farther than we can? i believe, or at least i believe that it may be possible

It's definitely possible. I only want to point out that there was an explosion of these stories at the same moment in our millions-of-years history that we finally put gazillions of metallic flying machines in the sky, and at the same time that science-fiction has enjoyed unprecedented worldwide popularity, and at the same time that psychedelic drug use has become more widespread than ever before, and at the same time that a person can enjoy worldwide media interest for reporting a story of this kind. etc etc etc

Why weren't the ancient Greeks and Romans getting whisked away and anally probed, or the Tang Dynasty Chinese, or the signers of the Declaration of Independence? Or if they were, please link me up to some stories! Those epochs seem long ago to us, but are really blinks of an eye in the life of a species...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Nope...once saw something crazy in the night over Ellington Field in Houston, but I didn't have my giant electric xylophone on me to communicate with them so no hook up that time.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I saw a UFO once but then later it was totally Identified and I was able to track it using GPS. It was pretty cool to be freaked out at it for a few hours though.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

If there are any intelligent lifeforms out there, why should they give a shit about what's going on on our planet? Humans and their self-importance... It totally alienates me how people always want to believe in some sort of crazy magical religious or outer space bullshit. We live, we die, that's it. Most people can't even manage and get this simple process over with in a halfway decent manner, why further complicate things?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    A couple of years ago when I was living in East Boston, I looked out my kitchen window one night and noticed a series of strange squares of light floating around what would be about the third-floor level. They didn't move for a while, so I tried communicating with them by blasting Bob James - Take Me to the Mardi Gras, but that didn't seem to do anything. I lost interest after a while, but when I looked out the window the next day, they were gone. All that was there was my neighbors' apartment building. Oh, and I was really high at the time.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

If there are any intelligent lifeforms out there, why should they give a shit about what's going on on our planet? Humans and their self-importance... It totally alienates me how people always want to believe in some sort of crazy magical religious or outer space bullshit. We live, we die, that's it. Most people can't even manage and get this simple process over with in a halfway decent manner, why further complicate things?

U buggin

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I'd like to see contemporary Sci-Fi get beyond representing Alien life in humanoid form.

Why cant aliens be gaseous/light/sonics?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Why cant aliens be gaseous/light/sonics?

Screen Actors Guild.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    great thread. phill's story is like hollywood and i totally believe him.

i have seen ufos but never evidence of aliens. i'm sure there are experimental/surveillance drones that many of us have seen. i'm willing to believe that there are things from other planets visiting us because of how massive and expansive the universe is. i'm not believing any lizard people theories.

frank was buggin above.

poast some ufo music too.

(i've got an iller, more stripped down version of this ^^ w/ harder drums... it sounds like a cover version, not a different john williams version. anyone know what i'm talking about? it's on a whole album of songs by the band.)

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    ^ oh, the ubiquity of drones in some places must be increasing sightings, no?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Which of the Fermi paradox options are strutters buying these days?

I'm currently thinking the Zoo Hypothesis is most credible.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    ketan said:

The remix? C'mon son. The OG everyday all day.

b/w

Real UFO/ET contact