IBM NATION EP?!?

axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
What's the deal with this one? Almost $900 with 5 days left on the auction... Damn!!! Anybody got info/back story on these guys? Dare I ask if anyone has the mp3s to share? I'd LOVE to hear this. Thx much for any info!

Comments

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    is this surprising with ebay?

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    obviously you know this is a philly record. as far as whats up with it going for so much, ask tripledouble, he recently ended up with my warped copy and he also sold one last year himself for quite a bit. we were just discussing this.
    it's probably someone from diggerswithgratitude that's bidding like that. that would also be the place you could find an mp3 i would think, however i am most certainly not a member of that forum, he'd know.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Most certainly a DWG hype up with bids like that.

Months back there was a random rap thread where Chairman Mao posted a live mix of his on WBAI. IBM Nation was up in the mix along with some other gems.
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...ic=&Search=true

I think the link is down, but if you asked him nicely, I'm sure you can get a copy.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    One of the DWG dudes weaseled my copy out of me about 5 years ago. He gave me a long story about his friend who died and needed a copy to replace his or something. I knew he was bullshitting me when I sold it to him, it was funny though

• yeah this is probably the DWG crew bidding like that, they have a review of this record up on their site here with audio snippets.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    meaty got taken...

(just kidding)

What up on that SMUV Radicals? Been waiting for a minute for that to pop up on ebay.

...and if the DWG crew isn't behind the hype-up of the IBM Nation, I'm pretty sure it's another dude that bids rediculous loot on random rap that I went toe-to-toe on for a DJ Class record a couple months back.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Smuv Radicals is f*cking rare. I found 3 copies and broke off the homie with one when I got it. Never seen one since.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    Thanks everbody!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    dope record. over $1000? get outta here!

put something on a mix that is semi rare and bam!

that is why that Brainwash 2000 record goes for $600 now

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    I'm the one selling the IBM Nation EP. It's off the f*ckin chart rare, seriously & the This Is for the Nation track is a serious face melter.

Meaty, I thought you werent even that keen on the record?? I think I remember you describing it as an Ultramagnetic rip off