80's hip hop

DjStyles52DjStyles52 31 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Yo! I have not dived into 80's hip hop and know very little of it.. But i know all the stuff that was played on the radio.. But maybe you can help me and others by listing some dope 80's hip hop that might not be to known or had little radio play if at all.. Just some dope shit.. From the east coast.. Also...I talked about space hip hop here awhile ago and how I was thinking long time ago about creating a type of space hip hop.. And some people started posting 80's space hip hop.. And one of them was a 80's video joint with a team of mc's and they all where wearing white jump suits and hats.. And they had a arp on the main sample.. Does anyone remember what it was or might have a clue?? If not just post some dope 80's space hip hop..thanks....

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• word man thanks..

if you got more ill shit like that or better.. Post the funk!lol..

Not really SPACE,, but SCI-FLY HOP HOP.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't know if it's still online anywhere but theRub dudes did a history of hiphop mix for each year from '79 onwards.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    What is this Planet Rock you speak of?

• / too commercial.. i'm looking for those underground 80's raps..lol..

the only cool song so far is that wack mc's joint..

The SPACE concept in Hip Hop didnt really take off until the 90's.

If your lookin to get familiar w/ 80's Hip Hop there's way too much to get familiar w/.

Ur on your own w/ that. Its too broad of a request.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

• Ok more along the lines of having arps and synths... You can also just name some dope albums..

I know theres mad 80's hip hop djs out there..lol

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    What is this Planet Rock you speak of?

its where diggers go to find the perfect beat....

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Check MC Space on MC Shan's first album...

• word that mc shan is dope... thanks..

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    A favorite of mine... this video is so bad. File under "Post-Apocalyptic Rap" themes.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    My fav 80's spacey hip hop track of the 80's.

Not underground by any means. but still my fav.

• found this dope blog.. Check it for your enjoyment..

http://bustthefacts.blogspot.com/

Yeah, those dudes have been around for awhile.

Since the OG phunky boards and soulseek in the early dayz.

Jimmy is tops.

• i'm hacking into your system right now as we speak..lol.. you should check out the songs I have found today in the 80's hip hop section..lol..

• never mind the name i just picked dj styles as a code name to get in here.. and yahoo gave me 52.. but this place already has a djstyles..lol.. The trick is to not pay attension.. Only when you wanna be alert.. So you let God work threw You... So it's hard for them to tell if it's you being alert or they think they battling "God"..lol.........

i'm hacking into your system right now as we speak..lol.. you should check out the songs I have found today in the 80's hip hop section..lol..

If ur gonna hack my box. Don't do my work comp. The music folder sucks. Hit up my home box instead. The hip hop folder is much bigger.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    BAN

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I knew it. This dude again. What up DiggingKing, and whatever it was you were called before before. Hope whatever meds you're on at the moment are working out for you.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

• weren't you called ride or die batches in another life? how's the quest for total worldwide hip hop domination goin?