Rice Cooker Strut

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
I think that I have seen mention to rice cookers here on SoulStrut....please to recommend what should one look for in a rice cooker...non stick etc etc...thanks.

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i have a 14?? chinatown rice cooker that is great
    get A 3 CUP one it adjusts to the different rices and you can cook quinua

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    i have a 14?? chinatown rice cooker that is great
    get A 3 CUP one it adjusts to the different rices and you can cook quinua

I think I may need something a little bigger... any brand recommendations?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    This is the one I use: http://www.aroma-housewares.com/kitchen/appliances/ARC-838TC.html

8-cup, $50. The only thing I don't like is that the cord isn't removable.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

We got this one, the Zojirushi ns-myc10 a while ago and have been totally happy with it. The rice it makes is perfect all the way through, our old cheapo rice cooker always had crusty rice on the bottom. Supposedly you can use its "fuzzy logic" to make stews and oatmeal and all kinds of stuff but I have only used it for rice. I looked at reviews before we got it and Zojirushi consistently ranked at the top so I just went for it even though its kind of expensive.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

We got this one, the Zojirushi ns-myc10 a while ago and have been totally happy with it. The rice it makes is perfect all the way through, our old cheapo rice cooker always had crusty rice on the bottom. Supposedly you can use its "fuzzy logic" to make stews and oatmeal and all kinds of stuff but I have only used it for rice. I looked at reviews before we got it and Zojirushi consistently ranked at the top so I just went for it even though its kind of expensive.

we have a Zojirushi as well, different model though...we use it for oatmeal all the time, makes it perfectly

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Ricecookers are the truth.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I am more than likely going with a Zojirushi rice cooker

• parenparen 537 Posts
    I rock the Zojirushi Nuero Fuzzy.