Jean-Claude Vannier "M??lody Nelson"

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
the video is here : arte tv in French, sorry.

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    This is WAY too slow, but Herbie Flowers kills it on the bass though.

Who was the Original guitarist on this Big jim sullivan or Alan parker? Cause to me it always sounded like Alan Parker.

- spidey

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I think it's Alan Parker

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    That's cool as hell.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

JEAN CLAUDE VANNIER SHREDS

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

The Beatnuts diggin' as usual!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Herbie Flowers "& thank you Serge Gainsbourg..", brilliant.

Looks like this was the rehearsal for the Barbican gig, it was an excellent night, first half was Vanniers own L'Enfant Assasin Des Mouches, second half was Histoire De Melody Nelson, with various guests filling in for Serge & Jane. Band, orchestra & choir sounded amazing.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I need to move to another town and start dressing like that. That frilly scarf is so good.

• ***F1rst Post***

Greetings Soul Strut, I am known as the Snake, among others. Guitarist, bassist, trumpeter, aspiring producer with a fondness for music of all kinds. soul funk jazz hip hop reggae early house disco rock n roll rock progrock artrock krautrock japrock

Great video!

Big Jim and Vic Flick(the guy who's responsible for the James Bond theme guitar riff) were the guitarists on Melody Nelson. That's neither of them in that footage though, strange cuz I heard they both did that Barbican gig. Is that Alan Parker? I don't know what he looks like.

That's one doggone purdy lookin jazz bass that herbie is rockin.

The Barbican is a really nice venue. I played there with the Breakestra last summer where we opened for Solomon Burke.